PDA

View Full Version : room size

katieandrob
07-11-2007, 11:30 PM
Can anyone tell me how small the rooms at WL really are. I hear they are the smallest of the deluxe resorts. It will be me, my DH, and 2 DS, one which will be in a crib that we ordered from ABBF. Not to mention all of our luggage. Will their even me any room to put the crib.
Thanks for your help.

Carol
07-12-2007, 09:00 AM
Wilderness Lodge and Animal Kingdom Lodge have smaller room. They only sleep 4 in a standard. That's why they are much cheaper per night than the other deluxe resorts.

I would request a bunk-bed room. You can put your luggage/stuff on the top bunk and gain additional floor space losing the queen bed.

You can see a room layout here (http://www.intercot.com/resorts/disney/wildernesslodge/default.asp). They are 344 sq. ft. Basically slightly bigger than a Moderate room - but with queen-size beds.

Spaceship Tigger
07-12-2007, 11:11 AM
Yes, we've done this a couple of times now in a two-queen bed WL or AKL room with a crib. There's plenty of room for it against the wall with the TV. And we have a lot of luggage with us usually.

TheRustyScupper
07-12-2007, 11:57 AM
1) Definitely do-able.
2) But, it will be cramped, with minor areas to walk.

vamaggie
07-12-2007, 01:59 PM
When we went in 04 it was me, DH, DS7 and DD18 mo (in a pack-n-play) in a room w/ bunk beds. There was not lots of room to run around the room but even with the p-n-p it was doable. We put all the clothes in the drawers and luggage in the closet to free up space. IF you are not planning on spending loads of awake time in the room you should be fine.

CleveRocks
07-12-2007, 05:38 PM
The bunk bed rooms now cost more and must be reserved. I mean, I guess it's possible you could get lucky and get a free upgrade, but if it's important to you then I wouldn't leave it to (a small) chance.

Lady
07-14-2007, 12:37 AM
We did it a few years ago when we rented a crib from ABBF. Cramped? Yes, but well worth. WL is cheaper than other deluxes because of the room size but we love that resort. A full size crib will fit and you will be have a happy, well rested baby if he is like ours DD and needs a "real" crib for a good night's sleep.

katieandrob
07-18-2007, 11:06 AM
Thanks for all the tips. We have decided to move over to the Poly. I will miss not having the beautiful lobby at the WL, but I think I will love having a little extra space in the room.