PDA

View Full Version : Dde / Ddp ???

Mickeydream
07-11-2007, 10:15 PM
I have been reading the travel reports by KlylesMom (very good!!) and she has mentioned her savings with the DDE. We are staying at POP in November and have the DDP. What is the difference between the DDE and the DDP? Thank you for your help. :mickey:

JPL
07-11-2007, 10:39 PM
The DDE is available for additional charge to AP holders. It offers a 20% discount on your entire bill including alcohol.

If you have an AP it's often a better value than the DDP since you can get a discounted rate on your room and save money on food.

Here is the information from Info Central
Disney Dining Experience (http://intercot.com/infocentral/dining/dde.asp)

KylesMom
07-11-2007, 11:29 PM
Glad you're enjoying the reports! As JPL pointed out, the Disney Dining Experience is available to Annual Passholders (as well as Florida Residents and Castmembers). We know that we will go to Disney World each summer, so we buy A/Ps. We ensure that we get two trips out of the annual pass by going late one summer, then early the next. This allows us 30 days in the parks for a nominal fee per day. One of the perks is the Disney Dining Experience, which allows us 20% off on table service meals, as well as some counter service meals where there may not be a TS restaurant (such as Animal Kingdom, Value & a few moderate resorts, etcetera). It paid for itself ($65) upon its third use last year, and has saved us hundreds of dollars along the way. It has also opened up a whole new way of traveling for us, as we now usually dine at one sit-down restaurant per day, where we previously would only spend the money for a nicer meal only a few times during our vacation. :mickey: Unfortunately A/P room rates have been very scarce for our chosen resorts the past few years (we've used AAA room-only discounts the past two years), so this gives us at least one additional perk for buying A/Ps.

Mickeydream
07-12-2007, 05:09 PM
Thank you for the info. I need to go finish up on your trip reports; I'm heading into Day 4. :mickey: