PDA

View Full Version : Would you do it for $165?

luvdiznee
07-11-2007, 07:27 PM
:D I mean cancel air with one carrier and book with another if it is going to save you $165? And that's with "penalties" figured in. Or what amount is it worth it to you to do this? Thanks for any ideas. :mickey:

Mommy2boys
07-11-2007, 07:31 PM
I would. Thats another $165 spending money :mickey:

Clotho
07-11-2007, 08:28 PM
I think it depends on the carrier. I wouldn't switch from a good, trusted carrier to a cheaper cow-herding airline. I wouldn't change from a direct flight to a stopover flight.

But if the two are comparable, I would absolutely do it. Why wouldn't you?

faline
07-11-2007, 08:42 PM
For that amount of money, I'd take a hard look at whether it would be worth it!

CandleontheWater
07-11-2007, 08:48 PM
I'd do it even it it meant some extra stopovers and a cow hearding airline. $165 is a lot of extra pins!

snifflesmcg
07-11-2007, 10:28 PM
I would definately do it!:thumbsup:

spoiledraf
07-12-2007, 12:16 PM
I would only do it if there was no delay in your arrival time.

Example, a flight arriving Orlando at 11 am as opposed to 4 pm. Time is money at Disney World. Unless you are there for a long stay, (we only go for 4 days at a time) I wouldn't waste any of my precious time in the World.

Mickey91
07-12-2007, 12:29 PM
Definitely! Whenever I have a question like that, I ask, "what could I do with $165?" Well, let's see. A character meal or an extra night at a value or moderate,or mini golf and more souvenirs...... Yep, it's worth it.:mickey:

kakn7294
07-12-2007, 08:57 PM
I would do it only if it means that I would have nonstop flights and my arrival and departure times would either be earlier or about the same. $165 is a pretty good chunk of money and it would be worth it if not too much changes.

mickeymousedabomb
07-13-2007, 11:41 AM
I have to say yes I'd want to cancel and rebook. Even if there was a stop in between that wasn't long, anything longer than an hour wait between flights I don't care for. But if things are pretty much the same then yes, go for it. May I suggest to book the other flight first that will save you the $165 to guarantee you've got the flight for that price and then go ahead and cancel out the other one. Flight prices change so fast you gotta catch 'em when they're hot!! Good luck!

luvdiznee
07-13-2007, 05:37 PM
Thanks all! I knew I could come here for some good thinking points and suggestions. The flying times are comparable, so not exact. The only big difference is coming home we are leaving about an hour earlier (about 12:30 I believe) with a stop. Whereas yes, on the original JetBLue flights they were both nonstop to and from. And I believe on the SW we arrive about an hour later. But that is ok. I just didn't know if it would be a major hassle doing this, since I had never done it before. And yes I did book first then cancel. Thanks again. :mickey: