PDA

View Full Version : Vanity plates....

tinkerbellybutton
07-11-2007, 04:36 PM
I don't know about any of you but I love to read vanity plates and try to figure them out. I have seen some pretty cute ones. I thought of an idea for a vanity plate quite a while ago but not having a car makes it difficult to have a vanity plate :blush: Bruce just got one of his cars re-registered (the one he lets me drive) and he got the vanity plate I wanted. It's WWWDD. It stands for What Would Walt Disney Do? Silly I know. A couple of favorites that I've seen on other cars are
IOU1DAD and PB4UGO
I was wondering what cute vanity plates you have seen or if maybe you have a cute one of your own.

MMouse6937
07-11-2007, 04:42 PM
My plates say "DSNYLVR" :D

I have seen one that said "STITCH" and "MOUSE" I also followed a lady home on the freeway for like a half an hour and couldn't figure her's out. It was "PEPCLVR". I was like "what's a pep clover?" Finally I got it: Pepsi lover!!!

Piglet822
07-11-2007, 05:28 PM
It was "PEPCLVR". I was like "what's a pep clover?" Finally I got it: Pepsi lover!!!

:rotfl:

I'm a Pepsi lover, too. I got that one right away.

Two of my cars have vanity tags, my Jeep Liberty has ROSMITH. AROSMTH is taken :( So was every other combo I could think of.

I also have an old car that was passed down to me when my Dad died. It's a Nash Metropolitan. It's tag reads DADS MET.

StitchLuvr
07-11-2007, 05:36 PM
I'm a big fan of Dog the Bounty Hunter. On a recent episode they were after a fugitive that had the plates LOROLR and it was hilarious hearing the guys pronounce it "LOLOROLOLO" and stuff. Baby Lisa got it right with low roller-he had a truck that was a low rider.

That was pretty cool. I also saw one that said H82BL8 (hate to be late) I shoulda got that on my car :)

RedSoxFan
07-11-2007, 07:15 PM
well, mine says: REDSOX12.
I know, big surprise given my screen name. 12 is for when Fenway Park opened.

alpro2
07-11-2007, 07:27 PM
My plates are my screen name. The first 2 letters of my first game, the first 3 letters of my last name, and "2" stands for Jr.

tinkerbellybutton
07-11-2007, 07:39 PM
Duh, I can't believe I didn't put Bruce's other vanity plate on here. He has a 64 1/2 mustang (made before they changed things for the 65) it was made in the second month of production, one of the first ones made and people were always calling it a 65 so he got a plate that says
64 HORSE

Here we go again...
07-11-2007, 11:40 PM
Mine says EPCOT... can you guess what that means? :D:D
Last week we were next to a car that had a "Mickey" plate. Of course the only Mickey I know is Mr. Mouse himself. I wonder if they meant THE Mickey???
I told my husband that if there were any Disney fans behind us they must be freaking out.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
07-12-2007, 12:42 AM
We had vanity plates up until our DD was born.

It was 2LILBOYS. (2 lIttle boys). We got lots of comments on it. Some people misread it and thought it said 2LIBOYS (2 Long Island Boys..which is where we live). Whatever works...lol. We are trying to decide what we want for our new Surburban now. Something to do with the kids. 2BYS1GRL (2 boys 1 girl) is taken. :( So, we keep trying new combo's.

My neighbor has OBQUIET. She gets tons of comments on that one...lol.

Another friend has MOM2JAD which is her kids initials.

My BIL is a Yankees fan and has YANKTANK on his Range Rover.

Vanity plates are big around here. ;)

Dsnygirl
07-12-2007, 01:25 AM
I love vanity plates, too!! I have had one for about 3 years that says 02BNMAIN (Oh, to be in Maine) :D and am currently trying to figure out a way to get one as close to my screen name as possible, as my actual screen name is taken.

I recently saw one I liked (and can remember... :blush:) It was MNRINEXL (Mainer in exile) and yes, she had NY plates. ;)

DisneyCouple07
07-12-2007, 11:05 AM
I had ITALNGUY for a few years (before I got married). I wanted, but could not get LV2XLR8 (love to accelerate). Now I'm thinking about getting DSNYCUPL (just worried that DSNY may get mistaken for department of sanitation, new york). :mickey:

offwego
07-12-2007, 11:49 AM
Theres one in my area that is my screen name but not me!

Now that's weird, hubby wanted me to get bankerb or bnkbabe or something but I just couldn't go for it. Maybe next year.

StitchLuvr
07-12-2007, 10:07 PM
I've tried for several years to get something with Steelers in it but everything I've tried is taken, like LVSTLRS, 1STLRFAN, etc. Ours are limited to 7 letters which can be trying!! :(

DisneyWhirled
07-12-2007, 10:32 PM
We live on a hill in Maine. Our community is Franco-American. Some pronouce "the" as "da"...so...my plate is ONDAHIL (on the hill). MY DH has his business DRFTPLS (Drafting Plus).

I am seriously considering changing mine to DSNYWLD or DVC4US...hmm...registration is up in September, better get on "da" horn :)

SurferStitch
07-13-2007, 10:26 AM
I have a 2002 red Camaro SS done up to look like Dale Earnhardt Jr's car, so my plates says:

DMFAST 8 (d*** fast 8)

DH had a 2002 black Camaro SS done up to look like Dale Earnhardt Sr's race car, so his was:

DMFAST 3

He traded that for a black 2006 Monte Carlo SS, so he kept the plate.

With Dale Jr going to Hendrick (:sick::ack:) and losing Budweiser and the 8, I don't really know what I'll do with the car next year. It looks so awesome that I hate to change it, so I'll just enjoy it while I can. :(

DH and I talked about turning it into Lightning McQueen, and then I'd try to get another vanity plate.

alphamommy
07-13-2007, 12:11 PM
No one can ever figure mine out, and I understand why.

When I bought my first new car (in 1986), the plates I got from the state were "007 RRZ". I loved the "007" part! I transfered that plate to my subsequent new cars, and had it for 19 years. It was rusting, and starting to look pretty bad, but I really liked the number.

In 2004, we bought a Jag, which is mine. Everyone made fun of me for putting my old looking plate on a brand new Jag, so DH talked me into getting vanity plates the next year when I had to renew. Michigan has a website where you can check your choice to see if it's already used. Well, I knew that mine wouldn't be, but I checked anyway. No one else had it.

My new plate: "007RRZ2". I know it's a little weird, but then so am I!

Tammy

Momof2boys
07-13-2007, 01:24 PM
I have vanity plates on my car - TIM DHDS (stands for Tim McGraw & the DanceHall Doctors - which is the other thing besides Disney that I'm addicted to). I want to get vanity plates for the van but I'm having trouble deciding . . . and in WI they don't have the license plate database up so you send it in and they contact you if it's taken.

A neighbor of mine has 2BZY4U (too busy for you) and a coworker here has HRXLNC (Her Excelency).

Ian
07-13-2007, 03:55 PM
Not into them myself, but the best one I remember seeing was on the back of a gold Porsche 911.

It said "24KTAU" ... which stands for 24 karat gold (AU is the chemical symbol for gold).

I thought that was very clever!

Anyone ever watch the game show Bumper Stumpers?

TooGoofy
07-16-2007, 08:46 AM
We have several vanity plates in my family.

Mine is SHDWFAX, for Shadowfax, Gandalf's horse in Lord of the Rings.

My nephew has GWAIHIR, named for the giant eagle in Lord of the Rings.

My brother has GALILEO, named for the Galileo 7 shuttle from Star Trek. (He wanted to get Uruk-Hai (from Lord of the Rings) but it was already taken!)

My family is a little bit geeky...

wendy*darling
07-16-2007, 10:47 AM
I have WDW4ME on my "Minnie-van."

magicofdisney
07-20-2007, 10:46 PM
I have WDW4ME on my "Minnie-van."
Too cute. :minnie2:
I plan to get a vanity plate soon. I like yours. I wish we could add an emoticon to the plate. :mickey: