PDA

View Full Version : Teppanyaki September ADR - Will it be done?

csmith157
07-11-2007, 02:43 PM
We have ADRs at Teppanyaki on September 27th at 6:00. I just read on the news and rumors board that the restaurant will be opening under a new name and that the date has been pushed back until October. So, I have 3 questions:

1. Will Disney let me know if they can't honor this ADR and how far in advance?
2. Should I cancel my ADR on my own and book somewhere else?
3. Where should we go for dinner instead? We already have ADRs at Le Cellier, Chef Mickey's, 50's Prime Time, CRT, H&V, Cape May, and Libery Tree Tavern. We have a 3 year old that will be with us.

Thanks,
Connie

Dedivah
07-11-2007, 03:01 PM
Call Disney dining. They will should know what is going on. If they don't know then they can transfer you to the restuarant and you can talk to some one there.

GrumpyFan
07-11-2007, 03:38 PM
I'm curious about this too. I keep reading all the latest news items to see what the schedule looks like. We have ADRs for September 6, and haven't heard anything from reservations yet. We called a couple of weeks ago and were told that there were no changes yet, everything was on schedule. So, we'll wait and see.

medic9016
07-11-2007, 04:59 PM
They let us make ADR's for the end of Sept also. We made them about a month ago. I will call to find out for what is going on. I hate to make last minute changes for a place that has open tables/time that I really don't care for.

snifflesmcg
07-11-2007, 05:18 PM
What I would do is book an ADR just in case Teppenyaki isn't finished in time. You can always cancel the ADR but you won't be standing there with no where to go. I would imagine that Disney would call you if it won't be finished in time. Since they booked you an ADR is a good sign though.

SBETigg
07-11-2007, 05:46 PM
I have an ADR for the week they were supposed to reopen. I changed it from Rose & Crown. I have heard that they are changing the name to Teppan Edo, but it is still a hibachi-style experience. They wouldn't let me make an ADR for the same date just a few weeks earlier, so they opened it up for ADRs assuming it would be complete. Would they have done that if there was a chance they would still be down? Of course- it's Disney. We'll just have to see what happens.

GrmGrninGost
07-11-2007, 06:11 PM
We just got off the phone with Disney Dining and they assure us that Teppan Edo will be open on schedule (Aug. 21). Hope they are right, we have ressies there on Sept. 15!:mickey:

Figment!
07-11-2007, 11:52 PM
Although reports of the October completion date referred to the project as a whole, it appears that the Tokyo Dining location is only delayed (the Tokyo Dining project has much more work).

If Tempo Edo will be opening later than when reservations have been accepted, Dining Reservation should contact the effected Guests.

moe513
07-12-2007, 11:38 AM
We are supposed to eat there the end of aug.

Crow
07-12-2007, 05:34 PM
my ADR is Sept 21st....so we will see

Olga
07-13-2007, 06:38 AM
my ADR is Sept 21st....so we will see

And we also plan to be there on 21 ;)

We just call to Disney Dining and they assure us that Teppan Edo will be open on Aug. 21!

Crow
07-13-2007, 08:00 PM
And we also plan to be there on 21 ;)

We just call to Disney Dining and they assure us that Teppan Edo will be open on Aug. 21!

I will see you there!

disneyfan328
08-13-2007, 10:42 AM
For anyone that reads this and hasn't gotten the info this restaurant is now closed indefinetly. basically they stated that now they don't have an official opening date and that it will be at least mid november before it opens. If you haven't already done so - call to reschedule your adrs

SBETigg
08-13-2007, 10:46 AM
Yes, do call. Don't wait for them to call you. They called me to change my ADR nearly two weeks after I had already heard here and changed on my own. They take a while to get to you. Fortunately, I had already rescheduled something good for myself by the time they got around to calling me, because the choices were few by then.

Figment!
08-13-2007, 11:36 AM
To keep discussion in one place, lets all continue in Teppan Edo has been delayed....[Merged Threads] Updated 8/12/07 (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=111581)

Thank you.