PDA

View Full Version : Need a little help...

Jeff G
07-11-2007, 01:00 PM
My DD turns 11 today which also happens to be her golden birthday. I had purchased a iPod for her but last night her aunt gave her one as a gift. I returned my iPod today and am stumped for a gift. The other idea we had my was to take her for a manicure but my MIL did that Sunday with her.

I know this is generic and you don't know her interests or what she has but any ideas that anyone else has given to a tween? Any other fun activities that my DW and her could do? I've read a lot of posts on Intercot over the years and have seen a lot of creative ideas come about here so I figured where better to turn.

A few of her current interests are swimming in our pool, dance, Disney World, Disney Channel shows, clothing.

bibbidiboo3
07-11-2007, 01:48 PM
Sorry to hear about your dilemma. :( I have 3 dd's and know how hard it can be to buy them the perfect gift.
You mentioned that she likes all things Disney and the Disney Channel - High School Musical on Ice is coming in the fall/winter, so you could buy tickets to that (check Disney's site under Live Events). Maybe a stop at the Disney store to buy her a tshirt, CD or DVD to go along with it. Treat her to dinner out and you're all set!!:thumbsup:

offwego
07-11-2007, 01:49 PM
What is a golden birthday by the way?

Is it possible for you and your DW to purchase some clothing she would like? Or perhaps a "glamour" photo package?

You mentioned some interests such as a pool what about a pre paid membership for her and a friend? Perhaps with a swimsuit?

And are there any hotels that do afternoon tea in your area? that can be a great deal of "grown up" fun that your wife and DD might enjoy. Good luck.

disneymom15
07-11-2007, 02:32 PM
A golden birthday is; she was born on the 11th of the month and she's turning 11.

How about Disney Dollars or a Disney gift card for your next trip. If one is not in the planning stage yet, let her help pick a date.

DisneyCrazed580
07-11-2007, 03:03 PM
What about an I-Tunes gift card? They make a great companion to the iPod.

tinkerbellybutton
07-11-2007, 03:10 PM
My DD and I used to go out every year for her birthday. We would get dressed up, go window shopping and then I'd let her pick any restaraunt and movie that she wanted to go to. Just the two of us. We would do silly things like trying on clothes, shoes, etc. It may not sound like much but it seems to be one of her favorite memories. The whole day every year was all about her and what girl doesn't like that?;) Good luck and tell her a big :birthday: from us!! :cake:

c&d
07-11-2007, 04:45 PM
What about an Ipod alarm clock or speakers for her Ipod. I love my Ipod and I like being able to plug it into speakers so I don't have to have my earplugs in all the time.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-12-2007, 10:33 PM
How about a portable DVD player? I bought one for myself and use it for my 4 year old nephew all the time. It's great to take in the car or to take to the nursing home when we go spend the afternoon with my mother. And that way she can take her Disney DVDs with her where ever she goes. Happy Birthday to her!

little disney lovers
07-13-2007, 07:37 AM
I'm from Australia so I'm not sure what you call things over there, Anyway, My DD6 just loves going to 'High Tea'. They bring out a 3 tier server plate with fruit (berries) on the top, mini cupcakes and pretty biscuits on the second tier, and triangle sandwiches on the bottom. Also she has a babychino with marshmallows or a big pink frothy milkshake. We get dressed up in pretty dresses and she adores it!
:mickey:

kaylamag
07-13-2007, 07:48 AM
I would get her something to go with her ipod. Maybe a gift card ( think they go up to a $50 value) and something else. They make really cute covers for the ipods. The idea about the speakers was a good one. My niece at that age was really into clothing and girly things like getting her hair done. You could take her on a shopping spree, but first stop and get your hair and nails done!

Jeff
07-13-2007, 08:53 AM
About that age my daugter got into carrying "designer brand" purses. I now know all about Dooney & Bourke, Coach, and Juicy Coture (although I don't know enough about the first and last to spell them right).

The Ipod speakers/boom box that someone already mentioned are a great idea. Actually, there is a load of Ipod accesories that are pretty neat these days.

There are some Hannah Montana boots and purse (my daughter showed me these yesterday) on the Disney Shopping web site that are cool for a tween.

Good luck and happy b'day to your DD.:party:

Jeff G
07-13-2007, 10:31 AM
Thanks for all the great ideas!

We ended up getting her a small speaker set for her iPod and a Visa gift card so she can go shopping for clothes. Now were planning a fun shopping day for my her with my DW and a friend, my DW is checking to see if she can find a local place that does an afternoon tea party. I never thought to get her a purse but she got two at her party last night and she was excited. I can't beleive she's grown up this fast.

Her slumber party went great last night with one downfall, because of the speakers for her iPod I had to listen to High School Musical and Hannah Montana Songs all night:sleepin:.

Jeff, thanks a TON for showing us the Hannah Montana section on Disney Shopping. Thats her favorite show.