PDA

View Full Version : Can someone please explain Photopass?

IloveJack
07-11-2007, 12:57 PM
Photopass is new to me, and as we leave in 2 days, I thought I should ask my questions now, or never.
In our package ressies is a coupon for a free photo using photopass. I've read all about people getting pics with photopass in the trip reports. I also read that someone bought the cd of all their pics and then could print what they wanted.
So how does this work? Are CMs just standing around taking pics in certain locations? Or do you have to search for them? Do you have an account of pics from which to choose later on? How much is the cd?
I'd love to have some pics of DH and me together, but I figured we'd just hand our camera to a CM and let them do it.
Sorry about all the :confused:. Thanks!

caryrae
07-11-2007, 01:02 PM
check here: http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/special/specialindex?id=DisneyPhotoPassPage&bhcp=1 and here http://www.disneyphotopass.com/

IloveJack
07-11-2007, 01:11 PM
Thank you so much! We'll definitely be using this!

disneyfan328
07-11-2007, 01:20 PM
I see that the prev poster gave you the links but in a nutshell here it is:

Yes the photopass photographers are in the parks and from what I have read, they aren't too hard to find.

When you get your first picture taken they will give you a photopass card which you can use for the whole trip ( don't worry if you forget it one day - you can get another one from the first photographer you find and you can link all cards together when you get home.

You can view pictures at different places in the parks, or wait until you get home. You can then go online and set up an account and link all of your cards from the whole trip. You can then view, crop, add little symbols or logos or character signatures to the pictures.

To buy the pictures on line it is like 12.95 for one 5x7 I think that is the smalles they go? Or you can order the whole thing all pictures they took, plus all the ones that you edited with signatures ect. and they put them all on a cd (or two depending on how many pictures there are). You get the copyrights and Cd for $ 125.00 then you can take it anywhere and have all the pictures you want printed.

Note that you have 30 days from the first day that you set up the account to purchase pictures or the CD before they are gone.

Not sure if you and DH are into it but if so make sure to ask for the "tink" picture in the magic kingdom, the stitch on in MGM and simba in the AK. They will have you cup your hands and look at them or smile or act surprised. when you get the pictures online they impose tinkerbell or simba in your hands. I believe that the stitch one makes it look like he is ripping through the photo. They are pretty cute.

I have also heard the the photographers will take a picture with you camera too, and have them take a few either way in case you blink or are out of focus. that way you have a couple to pick from.

there is also a scrapbook and video that you can order instead of (or in addition to) the cd. You go on with their photopass photos and your own photos and upload them and insert them in scrapbook pages. you can journal ( there is a limit on the amount of text and pictures per page, but I have heard that they turn out very nice and can range anywhere form 80.00? and up depending on how many pages you want. Not sure how much the video is.

Hope that all this helps. Have a wonderful time.

IloveJack
07-11-2007, 01:39 PM
Not sure if you and DH are into it but if so make sure to ask for the "tink" picture in the magic kingdom, the stitch on in MGM and simba in the AK. They will have you cup your hands and look at them or smile or act surprised. when you get the pictures online they impose tinkerbell or simba in your hands. I believe that the stitch one makes it look like he is ripping through the photo. They are pretty cute.

Thanks for the tip! I collect Stitch things so I'd love to have that pic!

BelleBeauty
07-11-2007, 02:12 PM
The first time we used photopass the photographers were very easy to find. Now I tend to see them in certain places - entrances to the parks in the morining and in front of certain locations (like the castle, Tree of Life). To make the CD worthwhile, you really need to take a lot of pictures. Even if you don't buy the CD, it is great to have your coupon - you will get a realy nice picture!

I love going during EMH and finding photographers. At night they use tripods so the camera isn't blurry when getting the darker atmosphere. It is great to have pictures in front of all the iconic places at nighttime too! The lines are usually shorter during EMH and sometimes they bring out characters in MK or MGM.