PDA

View Full Version : a couple of questions..

handmaidenofprincesses
07-11-2007, 12:22 PM
Okay, I have a few questions:

1) If I'm arriving on a Sunday morning and leaving the following Saturday night, how many days does the dining plan apply to? I think 6, because we'll be there for 6 nights, but I'm not sure... we'll be in the parks five days, and technically we'll be there 7 days altogether. (Somebody help me! Math is not my strong suit :blush:)

2) We have reservations for the following:
Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater (Lunch)
San Angel Inn (Dinner)
Crystal Palace (Dinner)
Le Cellier (Lunch)
Cinderella's Royal Table (Dinner)
Since we have the DDP, this shouldn't get too terribly expensive, but... CRT is 2 credits, so any opinion as to which other meal we sould pay for out-of-pocket?

3) Which is the best restaurant in Downtown Disney? Are those on the DDP? Should we make ressies for those too?

Thanks!!

Seasonscraps
07-11-2007, 12:38 PM
You will have 6 TS credits, 6 CS credits and 6 snacks included in the dining plan.

In general it's better to pay out of pocket for lunch since the menu options are usually less expensive. I haven't been to CRT with the DDP so I am not sure which is the most cost effective option.

My favorite restaurant in Downtown Disney is Portabellas Yacht Club but it is not part of the dining plan. Earl of Sandwich which is included is a really good counter service option.

MMouse6937
07-11-2007, 12:40 PM
Ok, let's see if I can help you with these questions :D

1. The dining plan is for the number of nights that you stay. Each person in your party would get 6 TS, 6 CS, and 6 Snacks for your trip.

2. As far as paying out of pocket, we normally choose to do that for a buffet, Crystal Palace in your case. These are set prices so you already know what to expect to pay and don't have to worry about what you order, etc.

3. There are many great restaurants in DTD but very few of them are on the dining plan. The ones on the plan are Cap N' Jacks, Earl of Sandwich, Wolfgang Pucks, Planet Hollywood, Raglan Road, and Cookes of Dublin. I have only eaten at Cap n' Jacks and we liked it but I have heard that the menu changed recently. You might want to check it out. I would love to try Raglan Road, but have never been. We love the Rainforest Cafe, but it's not on the dining plan. I have heard good things about Fultons, but again, not on the dining plan.

Good luck with your choices, hope I was some help! :mickey:

bleukarma
07-11-2007, 12:43 PM
I can help you out with question #3 - Raglan Road (TS) and Earl of Sandwich (CS) are becoming my two favorite places to eat in all of WDW. The tomato soup at RR is wonderful...and I'm not a soup person!

SBETigg
07-11-2007, 12:53 PM
Sci-Fi is a good one to pay oop for, too. Lunch isn't the best value on the DDP and you may prefer a lighter lunch at Sci-fi and having a nicer meal elsewhere later. Buffets are good oop choices.

Wolfgang Puck's is a good Downtown Disney choice on the DDP. Also, some of the best restaurants on property are in the resorts. 'Ohana is a great choice. Spoodles at the Boardwalk, also good. If the Downtown choices don't appeal, you could always think about visiting another resort for dinner.