PDA

View Full Version : Tony's or Kona on MVMCP night?

WonderlandsMostWanted
07-11-2007, 06:20 AM
I'm having a dilema. We were going to go to Kona Cafe on the last night of our vacation, then we decided we're doing a second MVMCP on that night. I had a reservation at Kona for 5:00, but worried with the party starting at 7 that it might be bad timing for getting through dinner and back to the park in time. So I called and was able to get a ressie at Tony's for 5:00 which would put us right on Main Street when the party started.

I'm torn though. Pros and Cons:
Kona:
Pro - I've heard much better food reviews for Kona than Tony's, and we're definately fans of the type of food served at Kona, probably more than Tony's
Con - We prefer the dinner menu, and a dinner ressie would mean going to MK, leaving for dinner and coming back to MK again = lots of extra travel time for our last night at the World

Tony's
Pro - We'd be able to stay in the MK and have dinner at a rather iconic restaurant right on Main Street and we'd be relaxing in the park eating and when we fininshed, it would be time for the party and we'd be right there
Con - The menu at Tony's is less unique than Kona, and sounds like the type of thing we could get at any mom and pop Italian joint around home. Also, I've probably ready more sketchy reviews about Tony's than just about any restraunt in the World.

We've never eaten at either place, so I can't use personal experience as a factor. If it were up to you, weighing the pros and cons, which would you do? :confused:

faberj
07-11-2007, 07:02 AM
If it were me, I would go to Kona. I am not a fan of Tony's. Maybe you could try and get an earlier seating at Kona (not sure what time they start dinner), but maybe 4:00 instead of 5:00. Kona is on the monorail so your travel time wouldn't be that bad, plus you would get a break from the park. Or have you tried LTT (Liberty Tree Tavern) or Crystal Palace? If you want to stay in the park, one of those might be a better option. Good Luck, and enjoy your trip!

WonderlandsMostWanted
07-11-2007, 07:20 AM
We're going to LTT earlier in the trip. And as for Crystal Palace... I'm still bitter with a certain bear for muscling in on a certain toad....:pout: I kid, I kid.

Really though, we aren't so much into the silly old bear, at least not enough to dine with him, and they way I feel about the character dinners, is that if I'm not into the character they're wasting time on me and hence I'm taking that time away from someone who really appreciates it and wants it.

Plus, I don't know that the BF can be trusted at a buffet :eat: right before the MVMCP. He tends to blur the line between :thumbsup: and :sick: I'm not dragging a tired, full, pouty boy with a tummy ache around the MK :nono: and I'm certainly not taking him on Space Mountain with me in that condition! :D

vamaggie
07-11-2007, 07:47 AM
Since you mention a "SECOND" MVMCP in your post I would stay with Kona. Since you will have enjoyed a MVMCP earlier in your trip, even if you don't get to the party exactly at 7 you will probably be pretty close. Get to Kona a little earlier (or as was suggested try to change the ressie to earlier) and enjoy the last dinner of your trip. We have never been to Kona but are looking forward to it on our Nov trip. Enjoy!!!

January-2007
07-11-2007, 08:16 AM
I would go to Tony's since it's your last night in the World. The more relaxing the better, I'd say, and what would be more relaxing than not having to travel anywhere for dinner and to be right on Main Street USA as the party begins? Either way you'll enjoy yourself, this is just what we would choose.

gauvin4
07-11-2007, 08:22 AM
Since you mention a "SECOND" MVMCP in your post I would stay with Kona. Since you will have enjoyed a MVMCP earlier in your trip, even if you don't get to the party exactly at 7 you will probably be pretty close.

I agree with vamaggie.:mickey:

mickey-mouse35
07-11-2007, 08:00 PM
:ditto:--stick with Kona--not that much of a hassle to get on the monorail and loop around--WAAAAY better food!!! :D

LoriMistress
07-11-2007, 10:00 PM
I've eaten at Tony's and I like it. We arrived there at 3:30-4pm for an late lunch/early dinner. I'm also planning to go to Tony's for an early dinner at 4:30pm ressie (and we're going to MVMCP as well.) If you book your reservation for 4-5pm because they will let MVMCP ticket holders enter the park early at 4pm.