PDA

View Full Version : Scratching my head & asking for help....

StitchLuvr
07-10-2007, 07:32 PM
On my first post yesterday I had mentioned that on our upcoming trip since we do the parks from morning until night, we were going to stay at a Value and have more "play" money for fun things.

I have wanted to bring my parents along for quite some time and have decided to do so now as a "surprise" for all they have done for me and my family.

Now I'm wondering what the best thing is to do since there will be 3 adults and my two kids.....do two connection rooms at POP or spend a little more and get a big room say at the Poly or the CR.

If we get just one room though, don't we all have to be on the same plan with the dining? What about park tickets? I know the dining goes with resort stay but don't you have to get a minimum of one day each guest? I know they won't do the parks as much or frequently as us, and my parents can split a meal together and be satisfied.

HELP!! lol <thank you!!>

Cinderelley
07-10-2007, 07:54 PM
I would suggest two rooms. That way grandma and grandpa can have some downtime from the kids. I'm sure they love their grandkids very much, but older people just don't have as much stamina as the little ones.

MMouse6937
07-10-2007, 07:59 PM
Let me see if I can answer some of your questions:

There really aren't "big" rooms at the Poly that I know of. The rooms at the Poly have two beds and a day bed. You could look into a suite like at Saratoga Springs or WL if you are looking for a deluxe. Most of the time these have a kitchenette too. Also look into the new family suites at the POP, see if that might be a better deal for you then connecting rooms. We are bringing my parents this year too and opted for two connecting rooms at the POR.

As far as tickets go, as far as I know if you are in the same room, you need the same package. Since you all will be on the same resort key, you should all have to be on the dining plan, etc. If you decide on seperate rooms, you can get them a different package than you.

Good luck with all your planning, I know it's hard to weigh all of the options! :thumbsup:

faline
07-10-2007, 08:31 PM
What a nice thing to do for your folks! I'd also suggest two rooms. It gives you some space and privacy and also provides two bathrooms - which can be a big bonus when everyone is trying to get ready to go to the parks in the mornings!

It may also provide some separate space for when kids needs some down time and adults need some grown-up space!

I think two connecting rooms might serve you quite well!

Beast_fanatic
07-10-2007, 10:57 PM
As far as your dining plan questions, yes if you're all in the same room, you all need to be booked the same. However, you can book everyone with a minimum number of days for your park passes (how ever many days you think your parents will go to the parks), and then after you arrive you can upgrade your family's passes to add the extra days you need. The dining plan would still be for the full number of nights of the stay. This might be a bit too much for your parents.

StitchLuvr
07-11-2007, 12:38 AM
Thanks for the help thus far!!

If I end up getting a suite somewhere, and we're all on the DDP, will we get in trouble if my parent's split a meal? We're not trying to get away with anything; like I said they can do this and be stuffed-and we all know the huge portions given us on the DDP, I had a hard time eating everything myself and I'm 30 years younger than them!!

I'd really like to do connecting rooms at POP or a suite, that's the hard decision to make. I like connecting rooms so we're not all on top of each other.....even in the best of circumstances we all need our "me" space.

Oh the decisions.....I just can't make up my mind, and I want to surprise them so I can't say "hey where do YOUNS want to stay?!"

Thanks again for the help!! I feel so welcome here.:mickey:

snifflesmcg
07-11-2007, 12:50 AM
Did you ever think about using the family suite at the value resorts? You can still save money by staying at the value and have the room you need. It's just a thought.

StitchLuvr
07-11-2007, 12:55 AM
Yes snifflesmcg I am thinking about those too :)

tennvalgirl
07-11-2007, 04:21 AM
I thought my Maw Maw was the only person who said "YOUNS"!:rotfl:

MissTink
07-11-2007, 11:50 AM
Also look into the new family suites at the POP, see if that might be a better deal for you then connecting rooms.

They have new family suites at POP now?!? I thought they were just at ASMu? :confused:

MMouse6937
07-11-2007, 12:59 PM
They have new family suites at POP now?!? I thought they were just at ASMu? :confused:

Hm, you might be right. I could have sworn that I head they had some family suites at the Pop, but now that I look closer, I don't find anything. :confused: Maybe someone smarter than me will come along and clarify :D

divinedi
07-11-2007, 01:44 PM
We've done the family thing a few times, and find the two connecting rooms works really well. You can close the connecting door if you want a bit of privacy, and as some have mentioned, the grandparents will need some quiet time regardless of how much they love their grandchildren and vice versa, I have 3 teenage girls and they love their grandparents dearly, but find them a bit overbearing at times:secret:. Also, and correct me if I'm wrong for anyone that has stayed in the ASMu suites, there aren't any more amenities to speak of, but the price is more than if you book two separate rooms:confused: I would have thought they might be a bit cheaper?

Good luck deciding:thumbsup:, I know it's very difficult when there are so many things to decide!

Tinkerfreak
07-11-2007, 01:50 PM
Speaking as someone who has taken parents along and stayed all in one suite I say definately get the 2 adjoining rooms. Even in the 1 bedroom suite we stayed in there was only one full bath and a half bath . It was really hard for everyone to get their showers in. We tried to not all shower in the morning but it just seemed like we were always in each others way. If you get the 2 rooms you will have 2 full baths and as someone else stated if the grandparents need a little break from the kids they can stay in their room. If you have adjoining rooms the adults can sit in one room while the kids chill out or nap in the other room.

bleukarma
07-11-2007, 02:49 PM
I also agree that two adjoining rooms is probably the best way to go. That way everyone gets their privacy and you will have a lot more room to spread out. My parents brought my niece and two nephews to WDW a few weeks ago and stayed in the ASMu suite and it seemed really small and cramped to me. There was the bedroom with the master bath, then a little tiny kitchen area, another bathroom and a living room area with a couch that pulls out to a bed and a sleeper chair (the kind you find in a hospital). It just seemed like they had to step over each other. In two adjoining rooms, If you feel like being sociable you can keep the adjoining door open and it will be like having one huge suite! If you are getting ready for bed or a day at the park, close the door and you and the grandparents will have your privacy.

Either way, good luck with your decision making and have fun!:mickey: