PDA

View Full Version : Forgotten Coast

BashfulMom
07-10-2007, 06:33 PM
Three days before we are planning on leaving for our trip and our plans have changed.

We had reservations for a house on Summerhaven beach (south of St. Augustine, FL) but they are dredging the beach and we had to cancel.

My mother-in-law has found a place on St. George Island (thankfully). It has been 7 years since my last visit to St. George Island. Can anyone tell me about the area & if there is anything to do?

mickeysworld
07-10-2007, 08:36 PM
BashfulMom,

Sorry to hear you had to change your plans at the last minute but I think you'll still enjoy your time at St. George. We are heading just up the road to Cape San Blas in a couple of weeks! Anyways, I digress... the last time we were at St. George was about 3 years ago and we loved it. There isn't much to "do" but that's what we loved! Obviously there's the beach, which is great, St. George Island State Park, fishing, crabbing, renting sea kayaks is always fun and the town of Appalachicola just up the road has a small downtown with restaurants and a few antique stores. Can't think of much more off the top of my head but if I do, I'll post again. Hope you have a great and relaxing time!:vacation: