PDA

View Full Version : Single or Double stroller?

r4kids
07-10-2007, 06:28 PM
Ok so we just had a big yard sale ($300) toward Disney. We sold our double stroller because we had decided DD6 really didn't ride in it enough to justify keeping it. We bought a really nice single Maclaren. We are now having second thoughts about only having 1 stroller. DD4 and DD6 can share through our the day is our assumption. Has anyone had any experience with changing from the double to the single in Disney? I figure worst case we can rent one at Disney if it became necessary. Thanks!!

73 days left to go!!!!!

kakn7294
07-10-2007, 06:51 PM
We never had a double stroller because of the 5 yr difference in the ages of our girls, but I can tell you that DD7 decided 2 yrs ago when she was 5 yo that she was done with a stroller and NEVER once rode in it in 12 days in 2005 - it was a complete waste to drag it along. I'm thinking you should probably be fine with only a single but if not, like you said, you can always rent or depending on the weight limit on your new stroller, they can double up (younger sits on the lap of the older) for brief periods.

r4kids
07-10-2007, 07:00 PM
We never had a double stroller because of the 5 yr difference in the ages of our girls, but I can tell you that DD7 decided 2 yrs ago when she was 5 yo that she was done with a stroller and NEVER once rode in it in 12 days in 2005 - it was a complete waste to drag it along. I'm thinking you should probably be fine with only a single but if not, like you said, you can always rent or depending on the weight limit on your new stroller, they can double up (younger sits on the lap of the older) for brief periods.

They couldn't sit nicely next to each other in the double stroller, I doubt they would let each sit on laps. They share a room too. There is only a 2 year difference. Our 2 oldest are DD and DS so we didn't have the constant bickering like the 2 little ones. I told my DH wait 10 years if you think it's bad now!

Speedy1998
07-10-2007, 07:17 PM
2 singles for us DD 6 and DS 2 do not get along.

We started getting a stroller for DD the second day we were there, because she just could not keep up.

Also we always rent, that way we do not have to worry about 1. getting the stroller to WDW in the first place, 2. The stroller being lost or stolen, 3. stroller being damaged.

mook3y
07-10-2007, 08:36 PM
Our DD3 DS5 the last 2 years have done great in a double stroller. Ocassionally, our son would want to walk a little bit.

Will see how it goes this year...

the "HE's TOUCHING ME!" phase has started!

:blush:

kakn7294
07-10-2007, 08:42 PM
They couldn't sit nicely next to each other in the double stroller, I doubt they would let each sit on laps. They share a room too. There is only a 2 year difference. Our 2 oldest are DD and DS so we didn't have the constant bickering like the 2 little ones. I told my DH wait 10 years if you think it's bad now!
I fully understand - my girls have a love-hate relationship too! If they won't ride side-by-side in a Disney double, what about a cheapie umbrella stroller for the second one? When you aren't using it, you can either use it for additional storage or fold it up and stand it in the basket of the Maclaren using a length of nylon strap (like the backpack straps) with a buckle to keep it in place. It would be cheaper than renting and if you find you really don't use it, it can always be left at the resort.

r4kids
07-10-2007, 09:21 PM
I fully understand - my girls have a love-hate relationship too! If they won't ride side-by-side in a Disney double, what about a cheapie umbrella stroller for the second one? When you aren't using it, you can either use it for additional storage or fold it up and stand it in the basket of the Maclaren using a length of nylon strap (like the backpack straps) with a buckle to keep it in place. It would be cheaper than renting and if you find you really don't use it, it can always be left at the resort.

That is a great idea. I think we will give it a few days, if we need it, I will have SIS ( who lives there) stop at Walmart and grab one. Then we will leave it for another family to use! Thanks for the info :mickey:

chefmickey3
07-11-2007, 06:07 PM
Our DS (5-1/2) is pretty hardy. He has walked the last two trips. We take it pretty slow and break up the day most days. Only once did we have to stop completely - we had fastpasses for the safari on our first day and had hit AK hard most of the morning. It was about 1:30 and he said he was tired. We didn't do the safari and went back for a nap before going to MK at night. I think it is good to not use the stroller but you have to be willing to stop when they need to. BTW- we also have a 3 and 1 yo. So, they were in the sit-stand stroller. He did rest on that once or twice the whole trip.