PDA

View Full Version : My Dining Reservations for my Upcoming September 22-29 Trip at CBR

AliceinDisney
07-10-2007, 06:25 PM
I have the following restaurants booked any rants, raves, reviews you can share with me based on my choices?

Liberty Tree Tavern
Marrakesh
Akershus-Storybook Breakie
Grand Floridian Cafe- Alice and Mary Poppins breakie
Tony's Town Sq.
San Angel Inn
Chefs De France
Le Cellier (Cause I'm Canadian :)
Hollywood and Vine with Fantasmic reservation!

Thanks everyone!

carley
07-10-2007, 08:02 PM
looks great to me..... we will be at CBR sept 15-22 also from ontario canada .... have a safe and happy trip

Crow
07-10-2007, 08:23 PM
ill b at POP & WL 21-30.
Le Cellier is a good choice
ill be at Marrakesh that trip and mayb Chefs (i have an ADR but am thinking of changing)
did Akershus dinner in May. ok but probably wont go again
San Angel has great atmosphere
have a good trip

AliceinDisney
07-10-2007, 08:26 PM
Where in Ontario are you from? I'm from Hamilton

Bethanymouse
07-10-2007, 09:47 PM
Liberty Tree Tavern- I have never eaten here but there have been a lot of great reports!
Marrakesh- My DF wants to eat here maybe next trip- but we have never yet.
Akershus-Storybook Breakie- Never done it
Grand Floridian Cafe- Alice and Mary Poppins breakie- We ate here some years ago. It was ok, the food was cold but the character interaction was ok. We prefer Chef Mickeys
Tony's Town Sq.- We love this spot for lunch!
San Angel Inn- Not fans at all. had a poor experience there last summer and wont return
Chefs De France- I have heard excellent things but I have never been there
Le Cellier (Cause I'm Canadian - WONDERFUL! We love it there!
Hollywood and Vine with Fantasmic reservation!- Never done this either- but family members have raved about it!

have a wonderful trip and enjoy all of your good eats!:D

tinksmom02
07-10-2007, 10:42 PM
Akershus-Storybook Breakie --trying it Sept trip (which runs almost the same dates as yours!)
Grand Floridian Cafe- Alice and Mary Poppins breakie--loved it!! Great food and the characters were great--although, not sure how the rehab is going over...
Le Cellier (Cause I'm Canadian :)--Love it!! Could only get in for an early lunch on our departure day...
Hollywood and Vine with Fantasmic reservation!--we were there for lunch, it was good.

The others I haven't tried but they're all on my master must-try list!

See you in the world!

AliceinDisney
07-10-2007, 11:29 PM
Thanks everyone, your insight is helpful. I hear nothing but raves about Le Cellier. And I am going to Tony's for lunch, I hear the spaghetti and meatballs is the thing to get!

Dicecatt262
07-11-2007, 10:01 AM
I have the following restaurants booked any rants, raves, reviews you can share with me based on my choices?

Liberty Tree Tavern
Marrakesh
Akershus-Storybook Breakie
Grand Floridian Cafe- Alice and Mary Poppins breakie
Tony's Town Sq.
San Angel Inn
Chefs De France
Le Cellier (Cause I'm Canadian :)

Thanks everyone!

LTT: I'm eating there in Sept for the first time.
Marrakesh: I enjoyed it. I doubt I'll go again, but the food isn't my cup of tea, although I did enjoy my dishes and the atmosphere.
Akershus: Really fun, you'll like it.
Grand Floridian: We had this breakfast while still at 1900 Park Fare, but loved it...Alice and the Mad Hatter were so much fun.
Tony's: can't comment, don't know.
San Angels Inn: I really enjoyed it, great margaritas, ask for a table by the water!
Chefs de France: Good meal, good service, I probably won't eat there again because I think there are better choices but I enjoyed the meal overall. The lobster bisque is great, even better than Fulton's Crabhouse.
Le Cellier: One of my top three, we eat there almost every trip, I love it. The Petit Filet is wonderful.
H&V: Not sure.

I think you have some great choices, enjoy!

Figgyluv03
07-11-2007, 12:34 PM
I love CBR and miss working there! If we had the money, we'd be staying there on the next trip, but decided to go for longer days.

Liberty Tree Tavern - thinking about this for our next trip.
Tony's Town Sq. If we don't do LTT, we are eating here.
Hollywood and Vine with Fantasmic reservation! - We are doing this and I can't wait!!!

MommyDisneyFanatic
07-11-2007, 03:54 PM
Im going almost teh same days as well ill be there 23-30th WLV

Liberty Tree Tavern- Its been awhile since Ive been but it was good
Marrakesh- went last year Im reall picky so I thought it was okay but I really didnt like the food the cafe outside is much better
Akershus-
Grand Floridian Cafe
Tony's Town Sq.- I didnt like this one at all I thought it was over priced for simple spaghetti with marinara
San Angel Inn- I enjoy this one every year. I really like mexican food and the atomsphere is great
Chefs De France - i did not like this one either
Le Cellier- this one is really good It is really hard to get ressies if you dont make them well in advance
Hollywood and Vine- only had breakfast here!

EvilQueen2006
07-11-2007, 07:00 PM
I have only been to 2 of your choices, so I don't have a lot of input;

Hollywood and Vine- I did this several years ago when it was a Minnie and friends character meal. I don't remember much about it, so I guess it couldn't have been awful. But, I also don't think it was wonderful. I don't know, the menu has probably even changed since then so I'm not much help. :shrug:

Marrakesh- :eat: This is my favorite restaurant I have eaten at in WDW so far. The atmosphere was beautiful and fun. The food was delicious. The only problem I had was the desserts. I didn't care for them very much, and I tried a bite of several different options thanks to my dining mates. :D

jax86
07-11-2007, 09:24 PM
great choices except the last two times we ate at holly & vine it wasn't that great. just a so-so buffet. it was better when they did breakfast.

liberty tree tavern is our favorite.

carley
07-11-2007, 09:36 PM
we are in windsor.... been to hamilton and well... hate that mountain lol wanted to get to the top and lordy we had issues we missed it.. not sure how lol

pixiesmimi
07-11-2007, 09:55 PM
We are going in August but have been three times in the last two years with family. This time it will be just the two of us.
Liberty Tree Tavern-we are doing this one this time but at lunch. Have heard rave reviews.
Marrakesh- haven't tried
Akershus-Storybook Breakie-Wonderful!
Grand Floridian Cafe- Alice and Mary Poppins breakie- we did it at 1900 Park Fair and it was great!
Tony's Town Sq. - did dinner here and didn't care that much for the menu. I have heard that lunch is better.
San Angel Inn - haven't tried
Chefs De France - trying this trip
Le Cellier - We did this one last year and none of us liked it. Won't go back.
Hollywood and Vine with Fantasmic reservation! - Have done this the last three times and love it! We are doing it again this year.

Horizon93
07-11-2007, 09:59 PM

Liberty Tree Tavern::thumbsup:
Marrakesh: We Love this place!
Akershus-Storybook Breakie: Tons of fun!
Grand Floridian Cafe- Alice and Mary Poppins breakie: Sounds like fun. Never been there.
Tony's Town Sq.: Great place
San Angel Inn: One of our top 3!
Chefs De France: Just tried it and loved it.
Le Cellier (Cause I'm Canadian :): The best.

I put some brief comments in the quote above. Great choices!