PDA

View Full Version : In Disney Right Now..That's right I'm back!!!...recaping Sunday, July 8th, 2007

disneyboy98
07-10-2007, 02:11 PM
Well I am back!! The Swan has given us more bandwith I think. So now back to our regularly scheduled posting.

Close your eyes and pretend it is two days ago!

******Traveling back to Sunday July the 8th******

When the Magic Kingdom is open until 2:00 am, you take advantage of it. Thus, I had to sacrifice not writing a trip report and go go go at the MK.

Well let's recap yesterday (July 8th):

It all started when we went for brunch at the Garden Grove here at the Swan. It is a buffet and it was delicious. Eggs (made to order), french toast, pastries, fruite, etc. Plus it was a character meal so we had Pluto, Goofy, Chip and Dale all there having fun with the kids. As you can see form the pics (at the bottom) I had to have my picture taken with Pluto (one of my favorites).

After that I decided that while mom and dad visited the pool I would take advantage of going to the MK for some of the early afternoon. Well, after getting there and taking some pics, I went on the TTA. As always, it's a ride that is kind of pointless but when you are on it you feel like you are "doing something" while the park is so busy. That's why I love this ride.

After that I wondered over to POTC (naturally) and took a ride to visit Captain Jack. After the ride I went into the shop and picked up the hat you have seen me in during the first night here on our trip. Well after purchasing the hat how could I not go a bit further but heading over to Pete's Garage where they did up my face to look like Jack from "Dead Man's Chest". I will admit, they did a good job and I even had a picture with a little girl just outside of the paint shop because she asked me. I did tell her that I was not the real Captain Jack but "thanks". :thumbsup:

After that I wandered around for awhile and then headed back to the Swan where mom and dad were just packing up for our move within the resort. Well, as you can see from the pics, it was a move that made our jaws hit the ground. The view is beatiful. I am looking at the Dolphin right now out the window to the north. Also, a big thing for some of you, out the east window, I am looking at a BIG CRANE that is starting to take down the wand sign over at Epcot. That should tell you what kind of view we have!!:thumbsup: Again, link to the pics at the bottom.

After the move we all headed over to the MK for EMH. When we arrived here is what we did:

Went over to Casey's and gorged ourselves on hot dogs and fries. YUMMY!! Plus, the ducks were out in full force tonight craving for fries!!

Headed over to Space Mountain to get a FP. Realized that there were no more FPs until EMH start so we headed over to the Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor. After going on Turtle Talk, I wasn't sure what they were going to do with this but we were pleasantly surprised. It was hilarious!!! Who ever they get to do these shows are awesome!! There was so much audience participation, jokes, and laughing that 20 minutes just flew by. Be aware, you may find yourself on the big screen like my mom who had the caption "was caught kissing a monster." It was priceless!!

We then headed over to a classic attraction...the COP. As soon as we hit the final scene we knew that Wishes was starting from the pop and cracks we could hear in the theatre.

After noticing another huge line for Space Mountain we decided on another spin on the TTA. Well it was then we noticed why there was such a long line for Space Moutain. The lights were on inside....enough said. Plus, they were sending riders down with the lights on. If there is anyone out there that has had to ride to the bottom with the lights on, I would like to here from you and how freaked out you were!

After that we noticed that there was hardly any wait for Buzz Lightyear and it said it was 20 minutes. Well after "walking right on" to Buzz (absolutely no wait) and ranking up there with 164,000 points we headed over to Frontierland and again, walked right on to Big Thunder Mountain. I'm starting to think that when they post 10 and 20 minutes stand by times it pretty much is walk right on.

We then headed over to Adventureland and did another first for us, The Magic Carpets of Aladdin. We aren't fans of the round and round rides but because there was no wait for it, we couldn't pass it up.

Then, it was off to the POTC again for another visit with Jack.

We then headed over to Fantasyland and picked up a FP for Peter Pan (still about a 50 minute wait, even with a FP). So to pass the time until our FP rolled around we went on the following attractions:

Mickey's Philharmagic
Snow White
Winnie the Pooh

One funny thing that we did notice while walking on to Snow White was that Chip and Dale were riding Dumbo with a bunch of kids. They were actually on the ride. Other characters were Goofy, Pluto, and Mickey and Minnie (together) for pics.

Then our FP rolled around and we headed off to Neverland.

By this time, you can imagine, we were falling asleetp on our feet. It was about 1:30 by the time we left the park and headed back to our number 7 bus stop. I will say that I am really liking the announcements and the music that they are playing on the buses now. It is a good way to pass the time. Plus, the announcements give you that "we're on the monorail" kind of feel! Well done Disney!!

Well, now we are into July 9th and yes, we did sleep in today. Mom and dad are at the the pool right now and I am just relaxing in the room. The plan is to head over to the AK later on today around 2:00 or 3:00 and spend the rest of the day there as it is EMH there tonight.

Time to start the day!

If you would like to see the pictures from yesterday, please click here (http://picasaweb.google.com/brettyoung321/WDWJuly8th2007)!
Have an awesome Disney day!

tomorrowschild
07-10-2007, 02:37 PM
Happy to see that you are able to post again, I think alot of people were going through withdrawl, including me.:mickey:

gauvin4
07-10-2007, 02:56 PM
Glad to see you back!!:mickey: Sounds like another great day!

Bethanymouse
07-10-2007, 03:09 PM
Welcome back! Yeah!!!! I am so excited that you are back up and running. It sounds like you had such a busy day at the kingdom today! I am glad that you enjoyed the laugh floor comedy show. I cant wait to see it in August. Thanks so much for sharing!:thumbsup:

krose78
07-10-2007, 03:22 PM
Great pictures. My DS is so going to want the Jack paint.

iheartmickey
07-10-2007, 04:46 PM
Sounds like an awesome Disney Day .... you did sooo much stuff! Thank you for sharing .... glad your internet is back up and running ! ;) :thumbsup:

dolphinmickey9170
07-10-2007, 06:45 PM
Welcome back Brett!! Glad things worked out. Love the pix.

SBETigg
07-10-2007, 07:01 PM
Your reports are so great! I love evening EMH at the MK.

crazypoohbear
07-10-2007, 07:12 PM
hopefully you will be able to see the fireworks from Epcot in your room.!
That's one of my fav. places to stay

starrmomof2
07-10-2007, 07:36 PM
Welcome back and thanks for keeping us up to date through your sister.

T-Belle
07-10-2007, 07:36 PM
So glad your back. Great report and pictures. Off to read more......

tbelle's dghtr
07-10-2007, 08:28 PM
Hello Brett! I'm so glad that you're in Disney and posting live reports! Mom and I really enjoyed them last year, and you have yet to disappoint this year. I've been reading along, but as a lurker ;), finally I've logged back in. I love love love the pictures. You really have a great 'eye' for photography. What kind of camera do you use?

So glad that you're having a wonderful time. Can't wait to read on.

Bethis26fan
07-10-2007, 08:44 PM
Thanks for sharing, sounds like a great time

DizNee143
07-11-2007, 09:35 AM
another good day!! just pretty hanging around the Magic Kingdom...the pic of you and pluto is cute..and im glad we also got a pic of you all made up like Jack!! and wow your new room..what a nice view!! thanx for sharing!! :mickey:

Beach Club Babe
07-11-2007, 11:45 AM
Another wonderful day!:thumbsup:

Sunshine1010
07-11-2007, 11:50 AM
HI !!!

I've been reading your posts and loving them!!

I wanted to let you know that I watched a show on TV called 'THE MOST UNUSUAL MCDONALDS IN THE WORLD'.....and one was in YOUR city of Moose Jaw, Canada.

What a cute McDonald's. Tractor's can pull up to the drive-thru window and the building is shaped like a barn and decorated with 'old timey' stuff inside.

How cool!!!!!

I thought of you when I was watching it.

faline
07-11-2007, 02:12 PM
Glad you were relocated to such a wonderful room! What a busy day!

Unlike you, I'm not a big fan of the recorded spiels and music on the bus. I can't tell you how many times I heard the same song over again while on the buses! Some drivers had the volume turned up way too loud - with everyone on board trying to talk above the recordings/songs; others didn't use it at all.

Lizzie
07-12-2007, 11:59 AM
Thanks for the reports.

January-2007
07-12-2007, 12:09 PM
Thanks for reporting.

pdrlkr
07-15-2007, 09:18 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey: