PDA

View Full Version : FAVORITE Wilderness Lodge Courtyard View Room

CuteAsMinnie
07-10-2007, 10:14 AM
Next month will be our 4th trip to the WL. We've always have had an inner courtyard view room. The question is, which room is your favorite??? Closer to the springs..... the pool.....the lake....???

:mickey:

big blue and hairy
07-10-2007, 11:33 AM
Mine is 4073. At least before the refurb it was a king room. It basically has the same view you would have from the 4th floor looking out the lobby window over the spring pool and lake, it's the room just to the left of the window as your facing the lake. 4075 is the room on the right side.

:sulley:

Spaceship Tigger
07-11-2007, 07:39 AM
I really liked the room we had last time. It was right over the pool looking toward the MK side and high enough (5th floor) that you could see some fireworks. You could also still see the waterfall, the geyser, and the lake from there. The only downside was the long walk back to Roaring Fork.

Dicecatt262
07-11-2007, 09:37 AM
I like the rooms that look directly at the geyser and lake, not at the other side of the WL. I had a fantastic room that looked directly over the pool, the geyser, and the lake, right in the middle of the building...I am trying to remember the room number but I can't, I'll have to look when I'm at home.

A Mouse Fan
07-11-2007, 09:49 AM
We were fortunate enough to get room 5075 last time we were at the WL. It's a King Bed room overlooking the pool, geyser and lake...it was awesome. There is no one on one side of you since that is the public viewing area and no one on top of you! It's a great room and we enjoyed sitting on our balcony after a long day at the parks enjoying some :marg: and/or :beer:! We are going back in November 2008 and plan to request the same room!

Tynkerbelle
07-11-2007, 11:49 AM
We had a perfect room last September - I can't remember the number, but it was on the 5th floor. It was a king room with a view of the pool, geyser and lake (we could watch the water parade from our balcony). The windows in the hall outside our room overlooked the MK, so we could watch the fireworks from there. We were near the elevators right by Roaring Forks,too. Location, location, location....

Crow
07-11-2007, 09:38 PM
i have a courtyard view in Sept. the only other time i had courtyard i got a free upgrade. it was overlookin the pool w a view of the other side of WL.
hope to get that MK lake view that you mentioned

SgtTigger
07-11-2007, 10:13 PM
I have had some great rooms...... I was over Artist Point and that was great....... But all the room that overlook the courtyard are very nice.......

Funny though the best room I had was a room that is the very first room at the front of the lodge. It opened to the reading desk area, it was like having 2 rooms........ We opened our door and could hear the music from the lobby.....

:cop: :tigger:

big blue and hairy
07-13-2007, 07:11 AM
We were fortunate enough to get room 5075 last time we were at the WL. It's a King Bed room overlooking the pool, geyser and lake...it was awesome. There is no one on one side of you since that is the public viewing area and no one on top of you!

Yeah, I actually should have included that in my room numbers. 4073, 4075, 5073 & 5075 are all next to the big window in the lobby. Great views, king beds. By the way Mouse Fan, if you can't get the 5th floor rooms, we never noticed any noise from above in the 4th floor room. :thumbsup:

:sulley:

Auntie
07-14-2007, 02:28 PM
Well these certainly sound like some nice views. Only in our experience in having a courtyard view we weren't as lucky as the ones mention. We frankly didn't care for the courtyard view we had. It looked across the U shaped resort to the other side. Where we were able to look directly into the rooms of those folks...figuring of course they could look into our room also. I don't know..didn't seem to private for our taste. Also Its just our luck to be looking across to a room(or several) that decide to dry their laundry or towels on their balcony. Kind of trashy I think.

Our last few trips we actually request a view of the Villa Pool...which is the same rate as the Courtyard view..but we prefer the privacy of not having to look at the other guest rooms, yet we have a lovely view of the Villa Pool, and the marina area of the WL. Is a perfect fit for us. I was especially glad we had this view back in May..as they were painting the balconies of the courtyard views during our stay. A good alternative if you are looking for something a bit quieter....but not a woods view. We especially like this side of the resort. We enjoy sitting on the balcony and relaxing..whether in the morning with coffee or the evening after a day at the parks with a nice cold "beverage"!:marg: