PDA

View Full Version : I hope thay are careful!

WorldTraveler
07-10-2007, 09:52 AM
It would be terrible if they dropped the Mickey Hand and wand while removing it from Spaceship Earth and smashed the Leave a legacy tombstones.
What would they ever do? Would they rebuild them or would that cause the entrance to EPCOT to be turned into something grand again?
I have spent a lot of money over the years on Disney property but have not invested in leaving my legacy on the face of EPCOT.
But for those who have invested, how would you feel about your legacy someday being displaced?

mdearmas
07-10-2007, 10:00 AM
I personally have two tiles on the leave a legacy and while i would not like to see them taken down completely I am not opposed to them being moved to another part of the park. I think taking them down completely would be a slap in the face to the people who spent their hard earned money to purchase them, however I do agree that there may be a better place for them.

robhink
07-10-2007, 11:46 AM
I believe that Disney has the right to move them as per the contract that was signed with the people when they signed up for the legacy. They have to be on display for a time period but at no specified location.

big blue and hairy
07-10-2007, 01:09 PM
I'm on the fence as far as the hand and wand go, but I've always hated those ridiculous tombstones. I know folks who have paid for them like to look at them, but I certainly hope now that they're no longer selling them that they move those eyesores somewhere else. I've always thought they screwed up the look of Epcot more than the wand.

:sulley:

Polynesian Dweller
07-10-2007, 03:13 PM
I never really hated the LAL obelisks. but never liked the colour. Not sure why they went against the colour scheme and why the had to have them take up so much of that glorious space. I wouldn't be against them staying in the entrance area but off to the side, framing it more than being a part of it.

But what I think they really did badly when they put up the LAL was to change the fountain. It replaced the original futurisitc fountain that had the Epcot symbol on some plexiglass (I think) pillars. The futuristic design matched the theming much better in my estimation, though it would not have fit the obelisks. Maybe the wand will fall on it. :D

kakn7294
07-10-2007, 03:23 PM
We have a tile with our names on it (no photo) and we bought it with the understanding that there is no guarantee of how long they will remain in the current location but that they must be displayed in a publicly accessible area of the property for quite some time yet - I don't remember the number of years. I wouldn't mind it being moved as long as they are in a place that I can still easily view my tile if I so desire. I also wouldn't mind if the tiles were removed from the granite "sculptures" (to be kind) and used as part of the decor of a pretty garden - the tiles can line the outsides of the planters and/or a fountain and would be much more attractive than those large chunks of rock sitting there now.

Bethanymouse
07-10-2007, 06:05 PM
My brother and I got our pictures taken for the tiles many years ago. It was free as part of our package so we didnt pay for them. I dont think we would have paid to get them done. I dont really like their location either- perhaps moving them to a different location would make them less of an eyesore. I dont think that I would remove them altogether though....

Fantasmic
07-15-2007, 02:00 PM
I wouldn't be upset if a worker accidently smashed a LAL Stone doodah with his crane....

DVC2004
07-15-2007, 02:58 PM
My kids have a LAL from thier first trip. They were 3 and 4. We like to go visit it on our trips. I know alot of folks don't like the look (have seen them described as tombstones) but the concept itself I thought was a good one. I wouldn't care if they moved them (but to where I don't know). Really, I hope to take my grandkids someday and show them thier dad's pictures.

snifflesmcg
07-15-2007, 03:18 PM
It would be terrible if they dropped the Mickey Hand and wand while removing it from Spaceship Earth and smashed the Leave a legacy tombstones.
What would they ever do? Would they rebuild them or would that cause the entrance to EPCOT to be turned into something grand again?
I have spent a lot of money over the years on Disney property but have not invested in leaving my legacy on the face of EPCOT.
But for those who have invested, how would you feel about your legacy someday being displaced?

Hmmm, do I detect a hint of sarcasm there? LOL. I HATE those grey icebergs! When I first saw them up I thought "What in the world are they doing????" I have a better (more futuristic looking) place to put them. Well, the tiles are small and silver corect? How about imbedding them into the pavement when you walk in, much like the bricks in MK. Put them on the edges on in a design.
That way
1-they are still displayed
2-the ugly grey icebergs will be removed
3-you have a great path/walk way as you walk in
4-everybody wins!

(I already thought about the wear on the tiles. They can place a clear varnish or something along those lines to protect it)

PS-I like the wand. If it must come down, please let it take out a tombstone or two!!!

Mickey91
07-16-2007, 12:45 AM
Not to get into a debate, but calling them tombstones is really a bit morbid. There aren't any dead bodies under there and those of us who have memories on them don't like hearing them called tombstones.

As far as the wand goes, I was hoping they would keep it and put up a big 25 for the 25th anniversary coming up. It made EPCOT look fun and Disney.

Shugoondola
07-17-2007, 08:49 AM
I hate those tombstones. :flame: I wouldn't shed a single tear if they got accidentally demolished.

:mickey:

TheRustyScupper
07-17-2007, 10:37 AM
. . . It would be terrible if they dropped the Mickey Hand and wand while removing it from Spaceship Earth and smashed the Leave a legacy tombstones . . .
. . . smash is a little harsh
. . . how about overly mar and disfigure

I wouldn't mind it being moved
. . . how about near China?
. . . the country, not the exhibit