PDA

View Full Version : Driving Surprise

Soph and Han's Mom
07-10-2007, 09:51 AM
SO...my husband and I are taking our daughters (12 and 6) on a spur of the moment surprise trip to WDW (yay!!). We live in San Antonio and almost always drive. Our usual routine is to leave SA on Friday evening and drive to Houston to have dinner with my husband's parents...this allows us to see them AND knock 3 hours off the drive the next day. We wake early the next morning and 'enjoy' I-10 for the next 2 days (haha)!
My question is this...how can we surprise the girls if they are pretty aware of the normal driving route? We have told them we're going to Houston, so that explains the full car and the Friday night trip, but how would you make the next morning special? My husband thinks we should just drive and neither confirm or deny the questions we'll surely get on the Louisiana border, but that seems CRUEL to me!! HA!! AND who wants to hear 'where are we GOOOOING???' for 2 days??
Any inspiration would be great!!
Thanks!

faline
07-10-2007, 10:03 AM
Perhaps you can plan a "beach trip" to the Florida panhandle?

Fortgoofy97
07-10-2007, 10:32 AM
Planning the beach trip sounds like a good idea. Then as you get closer to the beach decide that that beach just wasn't right, may be the next one, or the next one. Then maybe a beach on the Atlantic coast would be better. Then as you get closer to WDW mention that maybe you should stop and say Hi to Mickey! nThen take it from there!!! We always try to surprise our DD with trips, harder with them now that they are 16 & 15!!! But still fun trying!!

DisneyDudet
07-10-2007, 11:08 AM
I think you should pretend to be lost, then end up at WDW!

buzz638
07-10-2007, 11:23 AM
Maybe visiting some old friends that you haven't seen in a while ?
And of course those friends would end up to be Mickey and Minnie !!!