PDA

View Full Version : Please Help

THORSDAG
07-10-2007, 09:40 AM
Hello all - First time on here but was told by a friend if you need a question answered this is the place. So thank you all very much in advance.

We will be in Disney World in about 2 weeks. Family is staying at a DVC. We were given one weeks stay from a DVC member - I have received the confirmation letter from the DVC stating my name is recerved for dates at the DVC location etc etc. But I can not call down to Disney and verify everything is OK.

The DVC member left to go on a vacation in Australia for 4 weeks last weekend so even though the DVC member verified everything last week and I have the confirmation letter I personaly can not check.

Is this NORMAL ???

We live about 1400 miles away and do not want to get there to find out there is an issue.

How do I check in when I get there????

Please put my worries to rest please !!!!

Thank you.

faline
07-10-2007, 09:48 AM
Welcome to Intercot! :mickey:

I haven't done this but my understanding is that Disney will have your name and reservation number when you arrive and you'll be able to check in. The reservation, itself, will have been made by the DVC owner.

Fortgoofy97
07-10-2007, 10:40 AM
In all my trips to WDW using our DVC we have NEVER had a reservation problem. We always take our reservation letter with us, just in case anything did come up. Since you do not own the DVC you are not able to check on the reservation. The DVC member who made the ressie for you is the only one who can check, they are also the only ones who would be able to cancel or change the ressie. I do believe that on the day you are to arrive you are able to call the front desk of the resort you are staying at and confirm the open ressie in your name!

THORSDAG
07-11-2007, 09:01 AM
Ok Thank you - I guess I have to have faith and trust everything will work out.