PDA

View Full Version : buying a princess dress at WDW

septembergirl
07-10-2007, 01:26 AM
What kind of princess dress can I find for DD4 at, say, Everything Pop or at MK and how much will it run me?

Queen Stephanie
07-10-2007, 01:41 AM
Little Princesses must have a Princess dress and the best place to but a dress is at "World Of Disney" at Downtown Disney. There you will find any and all dresses that are sold at MK and the main resorts, such as GF and Poly. Also, at World of Disney you will find all the accessories that little Princess will need from Tiaras, shoes, wands and purses to match the dress. The dress will run you around $55 and shoes $20 but it is worth it. My DD is 12 and each year she was 2 to 10 we bought a different Princess dress which we still have in a cedar chest. Precious moments! Also remember Little Princesses enjoy wearing there new attire at Character dining such as Cinderella's Castle breakfast or dinner and also, another good Princess breakfast is at 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian. Your DD will never forget her coronation as a Princess while hanging out with Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Belle, Snow White and more. Good luck! The Queen:mickey:

Queen Stephanie
07-10-2007, 01:45 AM
Oh yes, I forgot to mention to you that you will find any Princess dress you wish at "World of Disney"...just make a wish, it is there.:) Reminder: if you are interested in the Princess dining, you must make reservations SOON! It make be too late for Cinderella's Castle, since they begin taking ressies 6 months prior. However, there is also a Princess breakfast at EPCOT. It's not as good as MK. Try 1900 Park Fare, my DD always loved it 2nd to MK. Good luck and call today! :thumbsup:

countrycharmer
07-15-2007, 06:29 PM
Resorts do not carry those dresses. Best place is DTD or MK. Best bet on price will depend on fancy or norm....fancy can go upto 85.00 and regular is aroun 65.00...mind you that is just the dresses....shoes, gloves, wands, jewelry, etc., is from 7 to 15.00 each!!

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
07-15-2007, 08:01 PM
Everything Pop did have a few last September when we were there. I know they had Cinderell a and Aurora. There might have been a few more.

We get Taylor's dress at Tink's Treasures in MK or the Judge's Tent in Toontown.

This year she is going to BBB for the Castle package so she will be getting one there.

They are really nicely made. DD's first one was Aurora (my favorite) and it still looks brand new. Last year she got Cinderella. She wears the dresses and the shoes all the time. We do not go up to the the deluxe dress and get the shoes instead.

Have fun picking one out with your DD. It is one of my favorite parts of our trips. :princess:

RaRaRoundTheWorld
07-15-2007, 09:01 PM
Resorts do not carry those dresses. Best place is DTD or MK. Best bet on price will depend on fancy or norm....fancy can go upto 85.00 and regular is aroun 65.00...mind you that is just the dresses....shoes, gloves, wands, jewelry, etc., is from 7 to 15.00 each!!

We stayed at the GF in January and it's gift shop (the one upstairs on the left as you enter the monorail platform) did carry Aurora, Cinderella and Belle dresses, capes, footwear and accesories. The gift shop downstairs by the GF cafe carried Alice costumes and accesories.

mickeys_princess_mom
07-15-2007, 10:56 PM
May I please suggest throwing some comfortable shoes in your bag for your little princess?.....It can be a lo-o-ong day at the parks in official princess shoes.......Have fun!:princess:

septembergirl
07-15-2007, 11:19 PM
May I please suggest throwing some comfortable shoes in your bag for your little princess?.....It can be a lo-o-ong day at the parks in official princess shoes.......Have fun!:princess:

I hadn't even considered princess shoes! I was concerned about the dress being too hot for her, though. Any thoughts?

Also, we have a couple of dresses that she got from my mother for Christmas - just the Walmart costumes. I wonder if I can get away with these since DD is only 3...

kakn7294
07-16-2007, 09:28 AM
I love to sew so I actually make my DD's Princess dresses (I'm supposed to be working on the latest one right now :blush: - it's Princess Jasmine's wedding gown). Since she's the Princess-for-the-day, we let her dictate how long she wants to wear it and when she gets too hot but she's 7. I just lug along a change of clothes and comfy shoes. You can always rent a locker if need be. Because her gowns are different than everyone else's at the park, she gets a lot of compliments so even those dresses from Walmart are great.

countrycharmer
07-16-2007, 10:24 AM
:blush:I stand corrected...my husband said that some resorts carry them, more at the Deluxe resorts than value. Best choices are at DTD, MK, etc.:blush: ( I was distracted thinking of upcoming Sept. trip and relaxing with a nice :marg:!!)

tinksmom02
07-16-2007, 09:03 PM
I saw a Jasmine costume somewhere on our last trip...just her basic teal pantsy-type thing, whatever you call it. I just can't remember where i saw it...but it was about $60. Would they have this one in WOD, or can you help me figure out where I could get it in the world?

I remember I was suprised to see it, it didn't fit in with the decor at the shop...maybe somewhere in UK or France in Epcot?

thanks!

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
07-16-2007, 09:53 PM

I second this. :thumbsup: I should have clarified in my post that my DD does not wear her dress and shoes all day. She wears normal clothes to the parks and then changes in time to go to dinner. She has an appt at BBB at 6pm for MNSSHP on the 14th so that is the longest she will wear her dress. I already told her that she will be wearing her sandals or crocs, not Princess shoes to walk around the party. ;)

I can't imagine her wearing her dress or shoes in the parks all day, Man would that be hot and uncomfortable!

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
07-16-2007, 09:55 PM
I saw a Jasmine costume somewhere on our last trip...just her basic teal pantsy-type thing, whatever you call it. I just can't remember where i saw it...but it was about $60. Would they have this one in WOD, or can you help me figure out where I could get it in the world?

I remember I was suprised to see it, it didn't fit in with the decor at the shop...maybe somewhere in UK or France in Epcot?

thanks!

I know the Judge's tent in Toontown had Jasmine's green outfit because my DD wanted it until she saw Cinderella's dress. I would be surprised if WOD did not have it.

mickeys_princess_mom
07-16-2007, 09:58 PM
I hadn't even considered princess shoes! I was concerned about the dress being too hot for her, though. Any thoughts?

Also, we have a couple of dresses that she got from my mother for Christmas - just the Walmart costumes. I wonder if I can get away with these since DD is only 3...
September is likely to still be pretty warm--maybe a little light undershirt of some kind would help...I'd definitely carry along some extra cool things, just in case. You may want to check on tiaras at Walmart--we've always picked up some really pretty Disney ones in the toy department for around $5, much cheaper than in the parks..You'll have fun at the Pop--enjoy!:wave:

tiaramom
07-16-2007, 10:30 PM
I think it is important to consider this...
A princess is a Princess
Fancy dress and some props well done - and she will be a Princess-
It is not at all needed to buy the whole get up to feel or look the part. If the extra $$$ are there , and you want to- Go for it. I dress my daughter from head to toe in gear - and she doesnt have the authentic disney garb- Its typical, BE Original!!! Its ok parents you can get a lovely blue dress/gown add some stones and a great Cindrella pin- get a crwn at the dollar store and decorate it- Kids are Kids- and its Disney they will be thrilled. If its not in the budget- relax!
By the way- I have bought those outfits at great prices new on EBAY- and also at the World itself- Its not worth it- The child feels the same- Your time is waht you make it to be.
Shoes- are narrow- and run small- and my child is petite- You can payless it, and decorate them on your own together before your trip=-
Thats really magical.

tinksmom02
07-17-2007, 08:37 PM
I know the Judge's tent in Toontown had Jasmine's green outfit because my DD wanted it until she saw Cinderella's dress. I would be surprised if WOD did not have it.

Thanks! Will keep my eye out for it. Have decided against the Castle package at BBB, but DD may decide she wants a costume last minute, and this is the one she had her eye on last time.

Looks a little more comfortable than the dresses, too ;)

Thanks again!

tinkerbell04
07-19-2007, 01:39 PM
The Minnie Mouse dress and the Alice in Wonderland dress are made of cotton with out all of that hot itchy crinlin (sp?) My DD loved to wear these and she could wear them all day long because it wasn't much different then wearing a regular dress. Another plus, they were a bit cheaper then the others!:mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
07-20-2007, 09:56 AM
I would suggest disneyshopping.com as they also have princess dresses for $40 and the accessories, but the dresses in WOD are $60+ when we were there in May. Good luck.

Disney_Barbie
07-20-2007, 03:40 PM
You probably want the dress before sept/oct and maybe you prefer to purchase it IN Disney. But just an FYI, you can get AMAZING price cuts at the end of Sept & in October at the Disney store. When they put the Halloween costumes on sale, it's increadable (and they have the same as the ones sold in the parks) I bought my neice EVERY princess they make (I believe she has about 10 or more, plus shoes, crowns, purses, ect to go with every costume) and only spend about $250