PDA

View Full Version : Need advice... we met a road block!!

brown1442
07-10-2007, 01:14 AM
We are planning our trip to Disney the first week in December. Mapped out our tentative schedule and set up our ADRs. Well one of the restaurants we were hoping to eat at had no "decent" (I should say remotely kid friendly)times available... La Cellier.

So my question is... what are the chances of getting a walk up table there?? My parents said they did that when they went three years ago with no problems. BUT there were only 2 of them and there will be 6 of us.

And if thats not possible... any other recommendations?? We have ADRs already for O'hanas (we are staying at the Poly), Coral Reef, California Grill (to watch Wishes), Teppan Edo, and Chef Mickeys for breakfast (wich we are paying OOP for). My mom just went ahead and made another ADR for Coral Reef (she loves seafood) but I don't know that we want to eat there twice... I want to try some place different. I think we are going to be in Animal Kingdom the day we need one more place for... but don't necessarily have to eat there. My kids will be 2.5 and 5 but are generally very good in restaurants but I still watn to take that into considerations. Any other places we might be over looking??

WonderlandsMostWanted
07-10-2007, 02:20 AM
I believe the new table service restraunt at AK is scheduled to be open by then, but I don't think they're taking reservations yet. Another thing to keep in mind, is that people do cancel reservations, so while you may want to find something else as a back up, it can't hurt to keep calling to see if anything opens up. I've read that at 45 days before the date you want to reserve is a good time, because people can't come up with the balance for their vacation and cancel, thus cancelling their ADRs as well.

As for getting a walk up table, I wouldn't count on it.

Perhaps the Whispering Canyon Cafe at the WL would be a good choice for dinner? That place sounds like a lot of fun for families.

EvilQueensRock
07-10-2007, 06:03 AM
Last fall I couldn't get a dinner ADR at LeCellier, so we settled for a lunch. It was fabulous! I suggest you check out the menus and see if the lunch menu has what you're looking for. BTW, I'm pretty sure we ate lunch on the early side, and they were turning people away at the door.

Another place we've liked is Spoodles at the Boardwalk. DH demands this be on the itinerary or he's not going! They have an excellent steak, and unless the kids' menu has changed, my DD was very happy with her food, and she's picky.

crazypoohbear
07-10-2007, 07:47 AM
I would keep on calling dining and checking for cancellations.
Also, you could try the Concourse steak house as a back up for now. that way you will have a steak house reserved just in case and like I said keep calling every day and check for cancellations.

When I called yesterday we couldn't get concourse for Sept 1 so the gentleman on the ADR line suggested Yacht club galley. I booked that based on his recomendation. Still waiting to hear from other intercoters on the yacht club galley though.

Joanna
07-10-2007, 01:32 PM
Last fall I couldn't get a dinner ADR at LeCellier, so we settled for a lunch. It was fabulous! I suggest you check out the menus and see if the lunch menu has what you're looking for. I agree with Andrea. I think lunch is so much better at Le Cellier. We usually eat early there too--around 11:30--and use it as a brunch!:mickey: