PDA

View Full Version : Another newbie with planning Q's

StitchLuvr
07-09-2007, 12:53 PM
Hello Intercot!! :joy::joy:

I'm a newbie (but not to WDW) planning a trip for January, the first time staying in a Value. I've read alot of threads on them, particularly POP, and have mixed emotions.

We're the type that are in the parks from sun up to sun down, so I"d prefer to have the extra money saved by staying at a value for fun things.....however, I really liked the quietness of POFQ last fall. If we stay on a top floor at POP can we still get some quietness at night?

On another coin, I'm also tempted to just "splurge" for once in our lives and stay at a deluxe to celebrate surviving the last year of bad luck for us. What's everyone's opinions/thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks in advance....I wish I would have found Intercot a long time ago!!

Mickey91
07-09-2007, 02:02 PM
Wow! That is a loaded question! I will start with Value. On years we want to save, we stay at Pop. We absolutely love it. I have never had any problem having enough quiet to sleep. We think it is a fun resort! One of our faves!

Moderate - The only complaint I think I will have with any of the mods is how far away everything is. Even in a preferred room. With that said we are staying at POR this time and I can't wait! So, obviously walking doesn't hurt my feelings too bad.:mickey:

Deluxe - Well, if you want to splurge, I cannot tell a lie, GO FOR IT!!:secret: If you have the $$ to do it, I would! We love the WL. Also the Poly, if you want a monorail line. But, for the money, We like the WL. We don't have to go in hock and we are still just a boat ride away from MK and the magic.

Well, I hope I helped instead of confusing you more! What ever you decide, HAVE FUN!!!!!:mickey:

MMouse6937
07-09-2007, 02:05 PM
:welcome: to Intercot!!!

We have never stayed at the POP but have heard that it's a great resort for those on a budget, and of all the values is the best one. As far as noise, I couldn't tell you other than on the whole values are more family oriented thus probably a little nosier overall.

As far as the splurge question I guess I would have to know how much time you plan on spending at the resort. If you go "commando style" by being in the park at opening till close then you probably want to go the cheaper route. If you could plan on using and enjoying some of the amenities of the resort then a deluxe might be the way to go.

On the same note, we are going to stay at POR this year as we are taking my parents and plan to be in the parks more showing them around, but next year have decided to try the BC and spend more time at the resort, pool, and boardwalk since DH and I have been so many times by ourselves.

Good luck in your decision, as you know, you'll have fun either way! :thumbsup:

Strmchsr
07-09-2007, 02:09 PM
:welcome: to Intercot!!!!

The values are definitely quite a splurge and you would enjoy every second of it, but if you spend all day in the parks I don't think they're worth it. You just don't get to take advantage of the amenities.

No value will be anywhere close to as quiet as POFQ, and POP has probably become the most popular of the values. I don't have any confirmation of this, but my guess is ASMusic would be the quietest of the values. Movies would be #2 on popularity and Sports gets a lot of groups in. That said, I'm a very light sleeper and was on the first floor of Sports next to a pool and had no trouble. If quiet is really an issue for you, though, I think going back to POFQ would be your best bet.

angedeaile
07-09-2007, 02:11 PM
I was in the same boat as you, wondering if I should splurge or try a value. After all my research, I decided on Pop and using that extra money to extend our stay :thumbsup:

From what I have read and understand, the loud buildings at Pop tend to be the ones closest to the pools. I figured since I am going in January, and it looks like you are too, it is highly likely that the pools won't be packed.

Plus, most posts I found that mentioned noisy stays at Pop were during busy seasons like summer and holidays. I assume since January is pretty tame in regards to crowds, the resort will also be.

Just a small note though, depending on when you are going in January (close to New Years, during the marathon or during MLK) you might want to splurge.
From what I understand, values tend to pack right up during those time frames and with crowds come noisy folks.

biodtl
07-09-2007, 02:52 PM
I have never had a problem with noise in the values, but I have always gone at off-peak times and never when there was a special event like the marathon or pop-warner week.