View Full Version : The Darcy's Disney Oddysey - Day 3

KylesMom
07-09-2007, 12:40 PM
Cast of Characters:
Me, 41 (Favorite Character Mickey)
DH, 41 (Favorite Character Grumpy)
DS, 9 (Loves Both Mickey & Stitch)

Day 3 –Monday, June 11, 2007

The wakeup call comes promptly at 7 am, but we’re up & getting ready before the phone rings. I run down to Roaring Fork for some beverages while the boys are getting ready, and as soon as they finish eating breakfast we’re headed down to the boat dock for the first ferry of the day. Interestingly enough, the boat to the MK now loads on the left side of the dock facing the water, and they have blacked out the sign which states that the ferry begins 45 minutes before park opening. Somewhere around 8:20 the boat pulls up, and we’re breezing through the turnstiles at about 8:40. I must say, although better than last year, the finger scan still confuses many a folk!

Although we’ve spent two days being busy, we haven’t actually ridden a whole lot of attractions yet. Let’s remedy that today, shall we?! :mickey:

We catch the “pre-opening” show, and bustle down Main Street with the rest of the guests trying to get to the front of the line for rope drop into Adventureland. We never hit this first, but for some reason we’re thinking BTM RR with a FP for Splash (for after lunch). It’s a good thing we head this direction instead of our normal Tomorrowland! We’re notified that Splash will not have FPs available today, so we head to Splash first, followed by BTMRR. We then visit PotC and meet Captain Hook & Mr.Smee at the end of the attraction, and also catch a bit of the Pirate Tutorial. Great fun! :D We’ve never seen this in its entirety, so we’ll make it a point to see later in the trip.

Needing our SM fix, we head over to Tomorrowland for a FP, ride TTA, run over to Fantasyland for Philharmagic, sadly pay our respects to the closed HM in Frontierland :( (it closed three days before our arrival-DS is CRUSHED), grab photo opps by the Liberty Bell and then approach Crystal Palace for our 11:40 ADR. OMG, the line for checking in is around the building! It is a good 15 minute wait to just check in, but we are seating within 10 minutes of our appointed ADR time. Next time I’ll remember to make our ADR a bit closer to 12, as they switched from breakfast to lunch at 11:30 – hence the backup. Vinnie’s our server and is great – very personable and prompt with beverage refills and the bill. The food is always delicious at CP, and the characters full of spunk. After all of the running around we’ve done, we’re ready for a cool seat and some good eats! Our server is happy that I am enjoying my meal so much, savoring the carving station meats and wonderful sides. I love that we are seated in the middle of the restaurant instead of next to the windows where everyone stares at you eating from the outside! DDE savings is $10.79.

OK, DS’ goal is the triple mountain whammy today, so why not do Space Mountain on a full stomach? :thedolls: First, it’s time for another FP. Since we’re in Tomorrowland, let’s grab one for Buzz! By the time we ride SM, our Buzz FP is about ready. Both DH (numerous times) and DS have been Galactic Heroes, while I’ve been soundly beaten by one or the other almost every time. HA, not this time! I hammer out more points than both of the guys (almost 600,000) to take the title of Space Ace! :cloud9: We look around Mickey’s Star Traders & then decide it’s time for a couple of brain freezes (AKA Frozen Cherry & Blueberry Cokes). Ah, these are SO good and refreshing – and our sport bottles are getting very worn at home & need replacing!

None of us are in the mood to watch the afternoon parade, it’s awfully hot and attraction lines are past logical waits, so we opt to head back to WL to cool down and avoid the mid-day crowds. A short time later, we’re splashing around in the pool. Low crowds make the pool visit very enjoyable and we hang out here for quite some time. Be warned, however - the pool deck get hot!

Although we have another ADR at The Plaza for 6:40, we opt to cancel and just hang out at the resort, eating at Roaring Fork for dinner and going for a hidden Mickey search from DS’ “Hidden Mickey – 2nd Edition” book afterward. This is the only time we eat a meal here our entire stay – food on hot plates just isn’t our thing. :sick: We are successful in finding several of the hidden Mickey’s in the lobby, but the one in the main fireplace is being very elusive! We decide to wait until another evening to check out the Mickey’s on other floors, and just enjoy exploring all of the photo ops and beautiful scenery WL has to offer. We head back to the room just as it’s getting dark, deciding to have a few cocktails on the balcony & call it an early night. :marg:

Up Next: Epcot with Garden Grill Grins, Take Cover! and Illuminations

darko aggie
07-09-2007, 01:28 PM
Thanks for the report, I really enjoyed reading since WL is my favorite place to stay.:thumbsup: Don't you just love the scenery?

Mickey'sGirl
07-09-2007, 01:46 PM
I could hear "Now approaching Mickey's Star Traders" from the TTA recording in my head as I read your post. Now I have a tear in my eye and a pang in my heart!! I am so sorry that Kyle missed the HM (It is a favourite of mine too!) .... Way to go on Buzz -- I became a Galactic Hero (by fluke I am sure) in January. It gives a girl great gloating power! :thumbsup:

faline
07-09-2007, 02:27 PM
I'm still wishing for the day that I can best my husband's score on Buzz Lightyear!!!

What a terrific day! Wilderness Lodge is such a great place to hang out!

Lizzie
07-09-2007, 02:57 PM
Thanks for the report.

dolphinmickey9170
07-09-2007, 03:14 PM
Sounds great, but I can't hit the broad side of a barn on Buzz....oh, well, DH loves it.

pdrlkr
07-10-2007, 09:39 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

Bethanymouse
07-10-2007, 12:20 PM
I cant wait to read more! You really got a lot done in MK. I am glad that you had a nice and relaxing evening. That is what vacation is all about!:D

Beach Club Babe
07-11-2007, 12:18 PM
Wonderful day! Kudos on beating the boys at Buzz!:thumbsup:

January-2007
07-11-2007, 12:39 PM
Thanks for the trip report. The pool at Wilderness Lodge looking out onto Bay Lake... :cloud9:

Bethis26fan
07-11-2007, 08:48 PM
Thanks for sharing.

DizNee143
07-13-2007, 01:54 PM
yay!! you guys did all three mountains...your son must of been happy about that!! sounds like you had a good day at the Magic Kingdom...and then a nice time just hanging around your resort!:mickey:! oh ya...GO YOU for being a Space Ace!!!!!:thumbsup:

realtreebar
07-15-2007, 12:54 AM
thanks for sharing!