PDA

View Full Version : Duval House in Key West

caryrae
07-09-2007, 09:32 AM
My wife and I are going to Key West next April for our Anniversary. We will be staying in the Duval House. We have been to the Keys once before but never stayed in Key West. Has anyone stayed or know anyone who stayed at Duval House?

Here is a little about it:

Duval House is a thirty-room inn nestled on a spacious island estate in the heart of Key West's historic "Old Town" district. Tropical gardens flourish throughout the property and offer ideal opportunities for romantic moments. Under the shade canopy of Spanish Lime trees and a century-old Banyan tree, cozy brick walkways lead past a tranquil fish pond to a shaded double hammock or a picturesque Victorian gazebo. On the sunny side of the garden is the swimming pool with chaise lounges for sunning and tables with umbrellas.

Most of the seven vintage houses on the property are two-and–a-half story Victorian houses with balconies, banisters & gingerbread trim and blend into the lush foliage in true Key West style. Duval House is a perfect honeymoon hideaway. Children under the age of 16 are discouraged.
All rooms and suites have private baths, air-conditioning and cable televisions. The décor is island-flavored with white wicker, rattan, bamboo and light tropical pastels. Antiques and unusual artwork give authentic Key West flavor to many of the guest rooms.

A wide variety of room types and sizes is offered, most with one bed, many with two. There are a few suites with kitchens and there is one two-bedroom suite (without kitchen). The abundance of Old Town’s fine restaurants, shops and galleries are all within short walking distance from the Duval House gate.

EvilQueensRock
07-09-2007, 11:30 AM
DH and I went to Key West back in April, just for a couple of nights. What a great time! We stayed at the Doubletree since he had some hotel points to use. It's beautiful but pretty far from the action. We are looking at staying someplace similar to the Duval house when we return. I don't know if you're taking kids with you, but I'm really glad my DD stayed with grandma for that trip...

caryrae
07-09-2007, 12:24 PM
I don't know if you're taking kids with you, but I'm really glad my DD stayed with grandma for that trip...

No, my wife and I have no kids. We loved it there too, which is why we are going back. We were only there for one day our 1st trip, so we are excited to try some new things when we go. We really think the Dry Tortugas tour looks really fun. This time we will fly into Key West airport, stay 4 days in Key West then take a 4 day road trip around southern Florida and fly back home from Fort Myers airport. We can't wait since we have no trips planned for this year.