PDA

View Full Version : fireworks and character meals

IrishMickey
07-09-2007, 09:26 AM
Hello,

I have been away from Disneyland for too long. We will be staying at the Disneyland hotel in Aug, just a regular room, I will be with my DH, DD(6)DS(4)DS(2) and my inlaws. We probably will not be in the park for the fireworks, where is the best outside location to see them? Also we are looking for a more boy oriented character meal, is Chip and Dale's breakfast a good choice?????? Thanks so much:mickey:

BrerGnat
07-09-2007, 10:57 PM
You can't really see the fireworks from outside of the park. You can sort of see the high ones from the Esplanade (the plaza between DL and DCA), but you REALLY REALLY should reconsider your plans and see the fireworks from inside DL. It is a spectacular show, but a lot of the cool effects take place low to the ground, and there are some projection effects on the castle as well as the Matterhorn which you need to be near the castle to see, and Tinkerbell flying all around, you can NOT see at all from outside the park. Really, this is a "do not miss" show...try to work it in if at all possible!

tinkwest
07-11-2007, 06:36 PM
I think either Chip n Dale's breakfast at Storyteller's Café in the Grand Californian Hotel or Goofy's Kitchen (serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner) right at the Disneyland Hotel would be good for boys. Parents might lean toward Chip n Dale if you want to have the option of ordering your breakfast off of the menu. Which ever you choose, arrange priority seating by calling (714)781-3463 up to 60 days in advance.

IrishMickey
07-12-2007, 09:59 AM
Thanks for the tips, we are going to take a break on Friday so we can watch the fireworks from inside, I forgot about Tinkerbell, she is well worth watching from the inside. I think we are going to go with Chip n Dale too, seems a little less hectic for my mother in law. Thanks again:mickey:

BrerGnat
07-13-2007, 01:58 AM
Good decision on the Chip & Dale breakfast. The restaurant itself (Storyteller's Cafe) is WORLDS nicer than Goofy's Kitchen, and it's more calm, whereas GK is VERY boisterous. I think your MIL will very much appreciate the choice. :thumbsup:

Glad you decided to see the fireworks. Let me warn you now...people start to gather in front of the castle about an HOUR before the show. If you can, join them. It's WELL worth it to stake out a front & center view!!!

IrishMickey
07-17-2007, 09:18 AM
Thanks again for all the tips. We are excited about the trip, we can't wait to see Mickey:mickey: