PDA

View Full Version : Help planning visit

jaredkari
07-09-2007, 02:09 AM
My wife and I have been several times to WDW just the two of us. But now we would like to plan a trip with my wife's sister and her family. There would be a total of six of us (4 adults and 2 kids (6yrs and 3yrs)). Any suggestions on what would be the best strategy for staying on property at WDW?? :mickey:

TammiMcMan
07-09-2007, 09:44 AM
You can pretty much stay anywhere onsite, so I guess starting with a budget from both families would be appropriate. It can be much easier to be within the same resort. Values are going to run about $100 per night, with mods at about $150 and deluxes starting at $215. If you do want to consider sharing one room, your options with 6 people are the value suites $169, FW Cabin $249, a WL junior suite (includes club level) for $485, DVC 2 bedroom units $515. Prices shown are 2007 value season rack rates.

If you want to try Magical Journey's (http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com), they are Disney planning experts. They can give you quotes on a few different resort levels and also let you know about any current discounts.

BigRedDad
07-09-2007, 09:56 AM
This is kind of difficult because you are planning for someone else's children. First, decide on the level of resort both families want. Then, determine which theming the kids will enjoy. That covers the first part of determining where to stay. After that, you need to determine where to have meals and make reservations. This is extremely subjective and budget restrictive. The last factor is planning what to do. With kids, you won't be able to do all of the things you would normally do without. The good news is that you see things you would never see unless you have kids. Plan some time away from the kids (both sets of adults) to do things you'd like.

Not the easiest question to answer without an idea of what you are looking to do. I tried to give the best advice that I can think of.

moe513
07-09-2007, 10:10 AM
I dont know what your budget is but I would go with 2 seperate rooms at either wl or poly. I like my space so I would pick each family have there own room. Also,with the little ones its nice to be close to the mk. WL has bunkbeds which would be good with kids.