PDA

View Full Version : Construction on 65/24/75

DisnIse
07-08-2007, 08:35 PM
Hi,
We have flights on Thursday to go from Chicago to Orlando, but my dad has been sick, so we're thinking about holding off a few days. Although I know my priorities, we had Ding! fares for $88 per person, so the idea of driving is making me nutty, but a daughter has to do what a daughter has to do!
Anyway, now that I think we're going to bank ous Southwest dollars and make the drive, I am hoping for any construction advice for anyone who has made the drive from the midwest this summer.
From the various dept. of trans. online, Tennessee looks REALLY nasty. True?
Driving. :sick:
Thanks!

Scott C
07-09-2007, 12:31 PM
Came that route 4 weeks ago TN was fine -- Southern GA had some lane restrictions between Valdosta and Macon -- It looked like they were starting to finish up though. Now that I remember -- 65 north of Nashville was a little messy -- we hit it about 7pm on the way down -- nothing to worry about though

Thanks
Scott C

pixiesmimi
07-09-2007, 01:42 PM
If you plan to go through Tallahassee at all, there is a lot of construction there around I-10 but it isn't too bad. We have traveled it a couple of times recently and it was manageable with no traffic hold ups. Just came down from Nashville to Lower Alabama on 65 yesterday and everything is fine there. There is always construction between Birmingham and Montgomery close to Montgomery but it wasn't bad yesterday or Saturday. Nashville was fine. Not sure about any of the roads in GA though. 75 was all good.

Strmchsr
07-09-2007, 02:05 PM
There's a good bit of construction on I-65 around Bowling Green that will slow you down a little, but it's not too bad. Traffic slows, but it generally keeps flowing. Nashville can always be crazy, but most of it is south of the city around Franklin.

DisnIse
07-09-2007, 07:38 PM
Thanks!

tink2006
07-10-2007, 07:33 PM
I just did a Streets & Trips from Indiana To WDW. There is construction b/w Joelton and Antioch in TN (I65and I24). More construction b/w Sycamore & Ashburn in GA. There is also interchange reconstruction at exit 64A. This is to Celebration. This may not apply to you. We are staying one night in Celebration before heading to the World. I do not know how accurate this is...we will be testing these directions in about 24 days :mickey:

Hope your Dad will be feeling better soon. Hopes this help!