PDA

View Full Version : Almost that time again. January ADR's.

EvilQueen2006
07-08-2007, 07:36 PM
Almost time to make ADR's for our upcoming January trip. It will be just the two of us this time. No kids! These are the choices we have decided on (until we change our mind again).
Any opinions, good or bad, are appreciated. looking forward to some of our old favs as well as some new experiences.

1. Spoodles (dinner)- first time
2. Boma (dinner) - have been many times- love it!
3.Crystal Palace (breakfast)- a favorite.
4. Rainforest Cafe (dinner)- first time
5. Kona (breakfast)- have only been for dinner.
6. Hoop De Doo- have been once many many years ago.
7. Marrakesh (dinner)- My all time fav!
8. Planet Hollywood (dinner)
9.Olivia's (breakfast)- first time.

We probably won't be doing the dining plan this time around. But hoping to get AP's and buy the DDE card.

Thanks for your opinions!

LoriMistress
07-08-2007, 09:40 PM
You'll change your ADRs several times throughout your planning--heck, I've changed our ADRs several times. This time I think it will stay for good.

If you don't mind I would like to assist you on some suggestions:

1. The Rainforest Cafe is alright--at best. Though, I will agree it's a million times better than Planet Hollywood, it's just not that great. We have eaten at The Rainforest Cafe at DTD (and their food was good), but we ate there for lunch. We arrived at DTD around 11am and were able to get seated quickly and with no wait. Our food came quickly too.

2. Do not waste your time at Planet Hollywood. Their food is poorly made--can take forever to be seated at times, and some boring props they have displayed as well.

3. If you're staying on site on Disney Property you can make your ADRs in 180+10 days in advance (depending on which restaurant.) Some restaurants will only take reservations at the exact 180 day mark. Make sure you call exactly at 7am through 407-WDW-DINE and make sure you make your breakfast ressies as early as possible. Make your lunch ressies no later than 12pm. And make your dinner ressies no later than 5pm.

angedeaile
07-08-2007, 11:58 PM
Make sure you call exactly at 7am through 407-WDW-DINE....

Just a note to those that might not "be in the know," that is 7am Eastern Time.

Just made mine for my trip....well all of them except Wolfgang Puck's Cafe. Looks like I will have to wait 4 more days for that one.

In regards to Kona.
I noticed you didn't post any times along with your choices, but if you don't have transportation, take into consideration that DW transportation starts around an hour before the parks open.

SO if you are taking DW transportation like me, aim for something 30-45 minutes before the park opens. That way you can get there in enough time before your reservation (they suggest 20-15 minutes). I didn't even think about that when I planned my time for Kona! Hmm..can't wait to try Tonga Toast.

Just a question. Have you considered California Grill? I love that restaurant. Good for kids, but even better for adults! I know that is our favorite place.

EvilQueen2006
07-11-2007, 06:42 PM
Thanks for the replies. I decided to ditch Planet Hollywood. That and Rainforest were my girlfriend's choices. I talked her out of Planet Hollywood by showing her the replies from this and some other threads, but I will "let" her keep Rainforest. :D I was going to do Rainforest at AK on the day we would be there, but decided to go to the DTD one in place of Planet Hollywood. I guess Disney doesn't do the ADR's for that location though, so I will have to call a seperate number for that. We also decided to drop Hoop de Doo, maybe another time. I got all the other ADR's at about the times I wanted. I also added a lunch at Le Cellier. We are not big meat eaters, but I've such good things about the soup and breadsticks, I decided to give it a try. I'm sure I can find a chicken or seafood dish I like.

SBETigg
07-11-2007, 07:26 PM
Too bad you really couldn't change her mind on Rainforest Cafe. The main appeal is the fun atmosphere, but even that is probably far more impressive for children. Otherwise, you could do so much better as two adults at WDW. But whatever makes her happy. Your plans sounds good with that exception.

mickey-mouse35
07-11-2007, 07:32 PM
Great choices! Glad you dropped Planet Hollywood. I, too, agree to drop Rainforest in you can.
I'm not a big meat eater either and liked the salmon at Le Cellier (we went for dinner; not sure if on lunch menu); the soup is also good but very rich!

You'll love Kona for breakfast! Everything else looks superb! Have fun! :mickey:

StitchLuvr
07-13-2007, 03:20 PM
I know the OP isn't using the dining plan, but does the Rainforest Cafe accept it now?

NJGIRL
07-13-2007, 04:32 PM
I like your choices but agree about Planet Hollywood, but we love the Rainforest Cafe. So many people talk about how the atmosphere in Disney restaurants is so important and the Rainforest has a great atmosphere so I'm not sure why so many people dislike this place. I also like the food there and the drinks are very good. I don't think you will be disappointed.

NJGIRL
07-13-2007, 04:35 PM
One more thing. Unless they changed something in the last 6 months, I have always made Rainforest ADR's with Disney????

LoriMistress
07-13-2007, 07:17 PM
3.Crystal Palace (breakfast)- a favorite.

4. Rainforest Cafe (dinner)- first time

8. Planet Hollywood (dinner)

I love the Crystal Palace! Their breakfast is great. Make sure you call in early to get your ADR for 8:05am. As for the Rainforest Cafe, their food is okay--at best. Their dinner menu is the same as their lunch. I would eat their for an early lunch before 12pm, if you really want to eat there. I would stay clear of Planet Hollywood. You pay for what you get--****** price and poor food. Why don't you make a reservation at Wolfgang Puck's or House of Blues?