PDA

View Full Version : Mom and daughter trip

browneyedgirl12
07-08-2007, 07:17 PM
My mom and I are planning on going on just a me and her trip sometime soon and need some advice on what to do while we are there. It will be me 13 and her over 30 ( her age is not known to anybody but her :D). Any advice or opinions will be apreciated. Also whats a cool resort for us? Thanks in advance :mickey:

LoriMistress
07-08-2007, 07:25 PM
There are several things that we need to know.

How long do you plan on staying there?

What time of year do you want to go? Spring/Summer/Fall/Winter

What is your budget?

What are your needs for a resort? Do you plan to spend time at the resort like using the pool or relaxing? Or do you plan to go comando at the parks and come back to shower and sleep?

Is it you and your daughter's first time at the parks?

Is your daughter into Pirates? Or Princesses? Or is she more teenagerish?

WonderlandsMostWanted
07-08-2007, 09:04 PM
Oh you and your mom are going to have so much fun! You should plan on doing the stuff you guys like.

If you like princess and want to feel like princesses, you could do one of the character dinners.

There's a spa at the Grand Floridian (one of the deluxe resorts) and I believe they have some kind of mother/daughter package, you could look into that as an option.

I'm sure a lot of people will have a ton of ideas for you! Just remember that more than anything, your mom is going to love that she's there with you and that you're just as excited to be spending that time with her as she is with you. :cloud9: (Mom's like it when their teenagers still want to hang out with them!:secret:)

Your mom might get a kick out of staying at Pop Century with you and showing you a bunch of the stuff there that was cool when she was your age. (just a tip - ask about the 80's and 90's stuff, not the 50's stuff! :D ) Also, Pop Century is a value resort, so it's one of the least expensive resorts on WDW property. Budgeting for the less expensive room might allow you guys some more money to spend on other stuff, like maybe seeing Cirque de Soliel at Downtown Disney one night, depending on what your budget is.

Just remember, there's a ton of great, fun stuff that's included in the cost of your park tickets and hotel costs. Don't get too bummed out of you can't do all the stuff that costs exta. You're still going to have a ton of fun!

DessertDivaFL
07-11-2007, 02:28 PM
I am an over 30 mom and I have a soon-to-be 13 DD. I haven't taken her on a "just us" trip so I am very jealous! You will have a great time.

If she and I were going, we would definitely stay at a place where we could have fun AND relax. We mom's like to kick back and relax while on vacation. The resort that has the best of both worlds, in my opinion, is Caribbean Beach Resort. That is where we are going in November. If I could afford it, we would stay at the Grand Floridian. I love to be pampered! :vacation:

squijee
07-11-2007, 03:52 PM
I am taking my mom for her b-day in march...she will be 70 and she says the only place she wants to be is wdw...also she wants to meet prince charming...so i am taking her to a character meal at 1900 park fair:mickey::party:

T-Belle
07-11-2007, 06:04 PM
[QUOTE=WonderlandsMostWanted;1347703]Just remember that more than anything, your mom is going to love that she's there with you and that you're just as excited to be spending that time with her as she is with you. :cloud9: (Mom's like it when their teenagers still want to hang out with them!:secret:)

Well said!!

As you can see from my signature my DD and I had such a wonderful time together last year that we're going again this year. I can tell you from a Mom's point of view what made it so special.
First of all, she and I share the same love for all things Disney. Planning the meals and plotting out which park to attack first gave us hours of fun and togetherness weeks before we even stepped foot on Disney property. With just my DD we could shop at any store (son's & husband's just don't have that shopping gene!)
anytime. We planned time everyday to go back to our resort to swim or relax. It's at these times when you get to just talk and enjoy each other's company. We made matching bracelets from The Emporium in the MK. Each has our favorite character on it. Her's is Dumbo, mine is Mickey Mouse.
Have a wonderful time making memories with your Mom.

Disney Maniac
07-11-2007, 10:13 PM
You guys are very lucky to be going together!! I'm the same age as you 13 years old and my mom is around your mom's age. We would most likely stay at Pop Century because it is a cheaper resort and we would spend money on other things. I would suggest doing some fun tours to like Mickey's Magic Milestone or The Behind the Seeds Tour. Also, I would pick very fun table service resturants to eat at. Such as Chef Mickey's or 1900 Park Fare. Have a great trip!! I would love to do the same thing as you are doing but I have a sibling who loves Disney too and doesn't wnat us to go together!!:mickey:

mouseketeermom
07-11-2007, 10:59 PM
My daughter, who is your age, and I have made several trips to WDW together. We usually stay at a Value resort because we spend most of the days at the Parks enjoying whatever we can. One thing we schedule is a character meal or 2. We take our time and enjoy the atmosphere and the rides and shows. It is fun because we can do what each of us wants.
My daughter has many memories of our trips and she can't wait to plan the next one after we get back. There is so much to do, we try to add something new each time.
Enjoy your trip, it will time that you will cherish with your mom.

KAT1811
07-12-2007, 10:42 AM
Is it you and your daughter's first time at the parks?

Is your daughter into Pirates? Or Princesses? Or is she more teenagerish?

The OP is the daughter and she is 13.

I would recommend staying at either POR or POFQ (or Poly or GF if funds are avaliable for it). That way you and Mom can take the boat over to DTD and walk around at night. Maybe see Cirque du Soleil if it interests you. My oldest DD (10) loved it!

Maybe some nicer restaurants for dinner, I'm thinking California Grill just in time for Wishes (my DD loves fine dining so she'd love this) or something fun like the Hoop-Dee-Doo, O'hana, or Whispering Canyons.

Maybe catch the Electrical Water Pageant one night.

Maybe CRT for a character breakfast.

Horseback riding in FW before the Hoop-Dee-Doo if you choose to go then EWP after?

There are so many things to do maybe if you gave us an idea of your likes and dislikes we could come up with some better ideas for you.