PDA

View Full Version : Le Cellier or Boma

septembergirl
07-08-2007, 03:48 PM
Which do Adventurous Eaters prefer?

SBETigg
07-08-2007, 03:53 PM
I don't know yet! I'm trying both for the first time on my next trip, so excited!

Disney Donnie
07-08-2007, 04:05 PM
Le Cellier definately.And if you like steak no contest.:mickey:

LibertyTreeGal
07-08-2007, 04:05 PM
Bomas! The tastes are very uncommon, like the sweeter African curry :) I thought it was awesome, and as far as the service goes, the staff is top notch and very friendly.

I just don't see Le Cellier as being particularly "adventurous"

moe513
07-08-2007, 04:08 PM
I am trying le cellier on our next trip. We didnt like Boma although most people love it. I much prefer a sit down to any buffet.

Shugoondola
07-08-2007, 04:26 PM
I couldn't vote because I love both of them. :cloud9:

:mickey:

sassafras
07-08-2007, 05:17 PM
Never tried Boma, but Le Cellier would be my pick!

lovetheprincesses
07-08-2007, 05:35 PM
We love both, but don't see either as "adventurous"! They are both excellent, and we visit each of them every trip. Le Cellier's fillet with mushroom risotto and the cheddar soup are one of our favorites, and at Boma, we love the pork tenderloin with mustard sauce, green beans, and zebra domes!

GoinGoofyPlanninThisTrip
07-08-2007, 05:35 PM
Both are awesome, but I voted Boma for adventurous-ness.

Disneypixie513
07-08-2007, 05:53 PM
Both are very very good. But i would go with boma b/c it's more different then Le Cellier..The atmosphere is very unique and fun at Boma and if you go try the -i think it was- a Strawberry/rasberry smoothie..it was incredible!

tiaramom
07-08-2007, 06:18 PM
Boma is a wonderful dining experince for a romantic night out- or a fun family feast.
The lighting is soft and dark - the over all atmosphere is warm and rich in fabrics and earthly tones adorn the entire restaurant. The food is displayed very well- and the choices are many. The style of eating is buffet- ( up scale buffet) its a kings feast set in African decor- and taste. The flavors are some you will recognize- and others a new experience to the taste buds. A large selection to choose from of many dishes. The desserts are good- though the dishes are much better. It was sad for me- I am a sweets kind of gal-
But The salads were to rave about. I so much enjoyed this evening out- it was a beautiful restaurant and resort- you can view the animals after eating your meals. I would highy recommend Boma to anyone looking for fine dining- new adventure in foods, a friendly- warm atmosphere. Dress code is not lazy- wear something nice- its really a lovely place to feel like an Afican Queen or King.
The children will find it to there liking also-
the animals after dinner is a big draw. GO!!!

EvilQueen2006
07-08-2007, 06:21 PM
I've never been to Le Cellier. Boma is awesome. Its great for adventerous eaters because you can try anything (or everything) and if you don't like it, you can get something else. Another great place for adventerous eaters is Marrakesh, which is my all time favorite place to eat at WDW.

tiaramom
07-08-2007, 06:26 PM
tell me about Marrakesh???
PLEASE

tinksmom02
07-08-2007, 09:14 PM
I love love LOVE LeCellier, but I think Boma might be a more adventurous experience!

LandFan
07-08-2007, 11:01 PM
Wow - my two favorite places! I guess for "adventurous" I'd have to say BOMA:thumbsup:

bkfree
07-08-2007, 11:05 PM
We also didn't care for Boma.
We eat at La Cellier every visit and every time we have tried something new and adventureous and something we had never had before.

We also ate at Marrekesh last trip and we loved it and tried several new food dishes.
The Chicken Bastilla and Beef Brewats were great.

Kairi_7378
07-09-2007, 08:40 AM
Boma is on my list of retaurants to try. If I don't sell DH on Jiko I am going to make an ADR there.
I think that a buffet is a good choice for an adventurous eater, especially for one that is not familiar with the cuisine. You can have a little of this and a little of that and figure out what you like (This is what I always suggest to first time visitors to Indian restaurants.)

mainemajor
07-09-2007, 09:26 AM
Simply put we love Le Celleur.

GrmGrninGost
07-09-2007, 06:20 PM
I would go with LeCellier over just about anywhere! The possible exceptions being California Grill and CRT ( for the atmosphere).:mickey:

Mickey91
07-09-2007, 11:42 PM
Le Cellier!! It has a nice ambiance and the food selection is excellent.

crazypoohbear
07-10-2007, 07:42 AM
I liked Le Cellier better than Boma's But, I would not classify Le Cellier as "adventurous" It's a steak house.
So I voted Boma because it has a much more adventurous food selection.

GottaluvTiggr
07-10-2007, 11:49 AM
I would pick Le Cellier for sure it has great service and the food is GREAT!:thumbsup:

Joanna
07-10-2007, 01:23 PM
I choose Le Cellier. I love the menu, the ambience and the service. I'm not very fond of buffets and I think Boma is loud and busy.

rnin02
07-11-2007, 12:02 AM
I loved Le Cellier when we ate there (and would love to go this year but so far no room:( ), but if you want "adventure" go for Boma! So many different tastes to try, and the Zebra Domes are just so good, I would love to have one right now! I know the chefs are accomodating to dietery issues, etc, I saw one of them talking with a guest, pointing out what would be okay for her to eat, walking her through the whole buffett. And at a table next to ours, there were a handful of picky eaters (both parent and kids) and they were able to get plain old hamburgers made for them! What a restaurant!

Natazu
07-11-2007, 05:06 AM
Most adventurous... Boma, but I still like Le Cellier better.

CanadianWDWFan
07-11-2007, 08:13 AM
I prefer Boma, the different tastes is what I crave.

As for Le Cellier, I can get a good steak just about anywhere. We weren't impressed by Le Cellier at all.