PDA

View Full Version : Help me Pick Pop or POR

hdietsche1
07-08-2007, 12:22 PM
Thank you to all of you intercot-ers for all of your awesome info. I already have a week during free dining. Got the upgrade to SSR from POP. Woo hoooo!!!!! We are coming down early and want to make a room only res. I have res. at Pop already, but with the current deal could get POR for about 50 bucks more. WHy should I make the change? The reason I am hesitating is that it is my niece's first trip, and the POP looks so "disneyish" compared to POR. Any ideas or opinions?

E-OR
07-08-2007, 12:39 PM
I have to agree with the Disney theming at the values. Our first trip we stayed at ASsports when our kids were 6 and 12. When we walked into the courtyard area and saw the icons surrounding the rooms we were in awe. My kids loved staying there. Since then we have stayed at all of the values, as well as POFQ, CBR, and AKL. For the extra $50. though I like the amenities at the moderates. The boat to DD, sit down restaurant, slide at the pool, boat rentals, room size, hot tub, and location of POR to parks are great to have. We had reservations for September to stay at ASmovies but when the free dining came out we switched to POFQ for the extra money that we will save on food. My vote would be to switch for that kind of money.

Robbrina
07-08-2007, 08:10 PM
DH and I don't have kids yet but we just came back from a weekend in the Pop Century. I would have to agree that the theming is more kid oriented. In my opinion, the Port Orleans is nice but it is designed for a more adult audience. I couldn't get over the giant foos ball court, lap top, walkman, rubix cube and so on. It was really cool to see all these things from my childhood in huge form.

moe513
07-10-2007, 10:40 AM
Try something new. There is so much Disney out there you niece will get plenty.

tiaramom
07-10-2007, 11:07 AM
POP ....
It makes a wide eyed child very happy she is now in Mickey Land!!! The Pop is so child friendly on every level. It is meant to be!
My daughter is filled with joy apon arrival to POP. Not so much as the other resorts- To her they are just a hotel-
At Pop , she knows its Disney.
So as far as for you or them( kiddies)
Pop is the way to go for littles ones at least.
0-7 ages.
Even the food court is so all about them- , the pools are vivid in color and appeal to the smallest disney fan. Go Pop

Kairi_7378
07-10-2007, 01:32 PM
I would go with the POP. You'll stay in a more "kid friendly" resort and then transfer to SSR. I bet your neice will love it, and it will make her feel special. I don't think it is worth $50 extra for access to the boat to DD. You can always just take the bus there. (The only thing that can top the Disney-ness" of the value resorts is the World of Disney store!)
I think there is more contrast between POP and SSR than between POR and SSR, so you will feel like you've had a different experience as well.