PDA

View Full Version : Dec 30 - Jan 5

EvilQueensRock
07-08-2007, 09:26 AM
DD (age 7) and I are planning a wishful thinkers trip to WDW over the New Year's Holiday. I have a few questions for the experts before I actually book those dates.
1. How bad are the crowds on New Year's Eve and New Year's Day?
2. Financially, we'd probably be better off to bump things back to Jan 1. Any one seen anything about 2008 rates yet?
3. We are planning on taking one day off from the parks and DD going to the Pirate Adventure at Grand Floridian. I am thinking about going to the Spa at Grand Floridian while she's off searching for treasure. Anyone else ever done this?
4. Can we walk from Pop Century to Winter Summerland mini golf?
5. Cape May Cafe Clam Bake - actual clam bake or just a buffet?
6. 1900 park fare or Akershus if Cindy's is unavailable?

Thank you Disney experts!:curtsy:

TammiMcMan
07-08-2007, 01:08 PM
1. How bad are the crowds on New Year's Eve and New Year's Day?The entire time period from Christmas through New Years Day is packed. It's not unusual for the parks to reach capacity and go into their closing operations mode.

2. Financially, we'd probably be better off to bump things back to Jan 1. Any one seen anything about 2008 rates yet?Unfortunately no, but I've heard that they are expected by the middle of this month. In terms of crowd level, you'll find it much more manageable from January 1st on.

3. We are planning on taking one day off from the parks and DD going to the Pirate Adventure at Grand Floridian. I am thinking about going to the Spa at Grand Floridian while she's off searching for treasure. Anyone else ever done this?The spa is wonderful at the GF. You may be rushing it to have a full treatment done, but you'd definitely have time to enjoy a nice spa manicure and/or pedicure.

4. Can we walk from Pop Century to Winter Summerland mini golf?With a few exceptions, you really can't walk anywhere at Disney. There are no sidewalks and I believe there is a law prohibiting pedestrians from walking alongside the roadway. You're much better off using the Blizzard Beach bus from the Pop Century. Once the bus comes, it's only about a 10 minute ride.

5. Cape May Cafe Clam Bake - actual clam bake or just a buffet?buffet

6. 1900 park fare or Akershus if Cindy's is unavailable?If she wants to see all the princesses, then Akershus. 1900 Park Fare only has Cinderella, Prince Charming, Fairy Godmother, Suzy & Perla. It's only a dinner option as well.

EvilQueensRock
07-08-2007, 06:58 PM
Thanks so much! That helps me out big time!

LucyLou
07-09-2007, 03:59 PM
We went in 2003 for 2 weeks arriving Jan 1 we found the parks busy for the first couple of days but after that empty. I have a picture of us watching Mickeys Jammin Jungle Parade and there is us and one CM, no one else in sight. It was a brillant time to go, no waits on the rides past 10 mins. Have a great time:mickey: