PDA

View Full Version : Which resort has the most to do?

lovemygirls
07-07-2007, 11:08 PM
Hi there,
If we were going to WDW for 5 days - but could only afford tickets for 3... which resort would be the best to stay at that would keep us busy for 2 whole days... (and nights).
We have 2 DD's... 9 & 13.

I'm trying to compare - its so hard. I'm still new at this.

the pool, along with vacinity to shops and food, along with other fun things the resorts sometimes plan for kids and families.

thanks for the help! I need it!

Clotho
07-08-2007, 02:47 AM
If I had to guess...

Fort Wilderness. Horseback riding, hiking, hay rides, petting zoo, nighttime marshmallow roast and outdoor movie...and I am sure more.

But keep in mind that you can take the free buses to ANY other resort to pass the time and have fun! So stay at one, and enjoy two or three others on your day off! Head to the Boardwalk for shopping and street performances. Head to Contemporary, ride the monorail, play in the arcade. Head to Polynesian to play on the beach, watch the fireworks and/or the electrical water pageant! Who needs park tickets for every day?? :)

playdead88
07-08-2007, 08:14 AM
most of the resorts have awesome pools and lots of things to do - a downtown disney resort would keep you close to downtown disney which is free to get into - the beach club villas have an awesome pool thats like a mini water park with the boardwalk being right next door - and no matter where you choose to stay you can always take disney transportation to any of the other resorts to find cool things to do :mickey: have a great vacation!!

ibrowse17
07-08-2007, 10:28 AM
I would agree with Fort Wilderness. We plan days off, during which we go to DTD and explore the other resorts. Have a great trip:thumbsup:

Lizzie
07-08-2007, 11:36 AM
Remember you can always use Disney Transportation to get around. I believe you can watch the Fireworks at the MK from one of the resorts around it.

TammiMcMan
07-08-2007, 12:31 PM
I would definitely not worry about picking the perfect resort. As others have mentioned, with Disney transportation, you can get around to anywhere. As a resort guest, you can use the facilities at any other resort (except for the pools). That includes horseback riding, canoe rentals, bike rentals, water activities, etc. All resorts have buses that go to DTD and you can spend a whole day there shopping. You may also want to take a trip over to the GF one afternoon for spa manicures and afternoon tea (considering you have girls). FW has a campfire sing along and a movie, also the YC/BC have recently started movies on the beach on select nights.

I think your bigger problem might be narrowing down the list of things to do for non-park days.

Beast_fanatic
07-08-2007, 06:09 PM
Keep in mind that the price difference between a 3-day pass and a 5-day pass is only about $15 (even less for a child's ticket), so staying at a more expensive resort to have activities to do may cost you more in the long run than going to the parks.

faline
07-08-2007, 06:36 PM
I would also suggest that you look at staying at one of value resorts and using the money use save on your room accommodations to fund tickets for more days.

You can still travel to other resorts and take advantage of much they have to offer. Use of the pools, however, is limited to the resort you stay at with a few exceptions for sister resorts to the resort you stay at.

tltcats
07-09-2007, 04:45 AM
Remember you can't pool hop - so even if the Beach Club/Yacht Club have a fantastic pool, you can only use it if you're staying there. Of course restaurants and shops at any resort are open to everyone! I'd suggest a buffet breakfast at Boma (Animal Kingdom Lodge) which would give you viewing "rights" to the animals on the grounds....not to mention all of the really cool stuff to look at throughout the resort. They may still even have guided tours - I'm sure someone else can say so for sure. I know the policy has wavered on and off with whether or not guests who are not staying at AKL are freely admitted unless they have a dining reservation.

You might also think about SeaWorld - they always seem to have specials going on. RIght now there's a deal for adult tickets for the price of a kid ticket if you buy a week in advance or you can get two days for the price of one. It's not DIsney, but it is a great park - very different than Animal Kingdom and would give you less expensive entertainment for those two days.

crazykids
07-09-2007, 08:16 AM
If $$ is an issue, stay at a value resort. They have great pools & like others said, you can travel around the world & find plenty to do at the other resorts & DTD.

NJRRK
07-09-2007, 08:40 AM
Have you actually looked into the price for tickets?

A 5-day pass with or without park hopper is only $9 more than a 3-day pass.

DessertDivaFL
07-11-2007, 02:18 PM
It may be worth it to stay at a value resort for the swimming and then take the free Disney transportation to the other resorts. Keep in mind that you have to take a park bus to get on a bus to another resort. I like taking the bus to the Magic Kingdom and then taking the monorail to the 3 resorts there. That will fill up a day easily.