PDA

View Full Version : lion king

dinahvixen
07-07-2007, 09:57 PM
How does the lion king show at disney differ from the broadway production. I know that it will obviously be short, but is it the same costuming, etc, or is it more cartoony?

BronxTigger
07-07-2007, 11:03 PM
It's different. I've been to both; look here (http://travel.webshots.com/album/558500405bAVtoP) for some of my photos from my 2006 trip of the AK Lion King show.

The AK show is not really cartoony, but they do have some audience participation along the lines of making animal noises. They also have some acrobatics, but otherwise the costumes are similar to the Broadway costumes. The story line is also different from the Broadway show or the movie.

Bottom line: even if you have seen the movie and the Broadway show, you can still enjoy the AK version. It's not a repeat of either.

dinahvixen
07-07-2007, 11:10 PM
Thanks! It does look quite different.

jsw123
07-07-2007, 11:33 PM
We LOVE the Lion King Show! It's probably the thing my DD3 and my Dniece5 are most looking forward to! (The latter is convinced that she'll be picked for the audience participation part! crossing fingers!) It's a great show and I've seen the musical twice and of course the movie many times.:mickey:

We leave in 13 days!:party:

Marilyn Michetti
07-07-2007, 11:48 PM
We saw the Broadway production two years ago, and the dialogue was from the movie "word for word". The 20 min. production at AK is more like a "review", with it's own interpretation. It has the spirit of the movie in five or six short acts. The costumes are AWESOME, and audience participation, especially at the end is very moving. The arial ballet is breathtaking, and some of the acrobats used to be Olympic contenders.

It's a 'must do". One show, and you'll be a repeat offender.:D

Mickey91
07-07-2007, 11:59 PM
It is a totally different show! A must see!:mickey:

dyin tago
07-08-2007, 07:14 PM
I must agree,dw,son and myself finally saw it for first time last september,fabulous!:mickey:

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
07-08-2007, 08:30 PM
Festival of the Lion King is a must do for us each trip..at least 2-3 times. :thumbsup:

Gottaluvgoof
07-08-2007, 10:12 PM
I absolutely loved the Lion King at AK when I saw it. I can't wait to see the Broadway production. Going one week from today! Can't wait! :mickey:

TheRustyScupper
07-09-2007, 11:22 AM
1) We saw Lion King in London, after we saw it in AK.
2) Definitely two different productions.
3) The AK version is very high energy!
4) The theatrical production is a musical.
5) But, the AK show is a show!
6) As mentioned, a real "Must See" when at WDW.

NOTE: We enjoyed the musical, because they had some novel physical approaches. But, it is still just a musical. We attend plays and musicals frequently in London, and I was actually more impressed with the AK show than the theatrical production.

like2workout
07-09-2007, 03:21 PM
if there was only one thing that i had time for at animal kingdom, i would pick the lion king show everytime. it's that good! you really need to go see it. i can assure you it's one of the best shows you'll see anywhere - for any age!

Goes4FastPass
07-09-2007, 09:21 PM
The 2 shows are entirely different.

The Broadway version is not the cartoon movie word for word. Heaverns.

The AK version is theme park entertainment. The Broadway version a full length program with a lot of music that is NOT in the movie.