PDA

View Full Version : AP Renewal Start Date

mickeysworld
07-07-2007, 08:41 PM
Do any of you know if you renew or upgrade your AP before your renewal date, will your expiration date be the same or will it start from the date you renew? I currently have a Seasonal Pass that expires in Jan. and I am thinking of upgrading to an AP now, but the CM I spoke to was not sure of what the new expiration date would be.

JPL
07-07-2007, 10:50 PM
It starts from the expiration date of the old pass if you renew. Sometimes it is actually better to buy a new pass instead of renewing depending on your upcoming trip schedule.:mickey:

DisneyDudet
07-08-2007, 08:46 PM
I'm not sure about when you upgrade, but your expiration date when you renew will be your "anniversary" date, which means, one year after your original pass expires. Say, your pass expired July 4 of this year. If you renew, the expiration date is July 4 of next year.

When we tried to get a new AP a few years ago, it was a year or so after our first one expired. They accidentally gave us the renewal price and renewed our pass, which meant, we only had about 6 months on our passes left. We were not told that we renewed. We took it to Guest Services and they were quite unhappy with us. We told them we wanted a NEW pass when we called to order, but, they gave us the renewal anyway. When we told them, they did make us have our new date, so we would have a full year, which is what we wanted.

Please let us know about what happens if you upgrade!

mickeysworld
07-08-2007, 10:35 PM
Thanks for the replies, I'll let you know what happens!

mickeysworld
07-09-2007, 07:55 PM
Well, we just got back from Downtown Disney and the official word from Guest Services is even though I would be upgrading, my expiration date would still be my anniversary date of January 6. The CM stated that they used to pro-rate but they received complaints that this was not fair so they stopped that practice. Anyways, we ended up not upgrading now, deciding it would be better for us to just upgrade during our renewal month.

Btw, going to DD first thing in the morning, during the week, is a great time to go! We had the whole place to ourselves until about 11:30 or so and even then the crowds weren't anything like they are on a Friday night!