PDA

View Full Version : Which would you choose?

Tink&Goofy
07-07-2007, 07:08 PM
We are trying to decide when our next trip should be. We are looking at either New Years (starting new years day for a week or so), or going the end of next March (23 - 30 or so). :shrug: I don't know when most of the schools on the east coast and south have spring break, but ours is always the last full week of March. Realizing that Easter is March 23, I know it will be a busy time - but how bad? :crowd:Would New Years and beyond be less or more crowded? Are the park hours about the same - or do they close earlier in the winter? We figure either time would be a better temperature than our last trip in August :whew:

Disneyfun
07-07-2007, 08:21 PM
I would definetly avoid Spring Break time and Easter as they will be pretty crowded. The week after New Years will most likely still have a fair amount of people there at the parks. If you can do it with your schedule, I would wait until school has been in session for a week or two and then go. Don't even think of the week between Christmas and New Years! The crowds then will be the worst!

You might be able to get special permission or extra credit for the kids if they do a report on one or more of the pavillions at EPCOT and interview the cast members, that way it doesn't impact their grades so much. Teachers are ussually pretty understanging about that if they feel the parents are reinforcing learning while the kids are out of school.

DessertDivaFL
07-07-2007, 09:23 PM
According to our upcoming school calendar, my kids take their Spring Break in April of '08 (week of the 14th). I hope this helps.

BronxTigger
07-07-2007, 10:43 PM
NYC (Public Schools) Spring Break will be April 21-25 (+corresponding weekends) in 2008.

Squeaky Mouse
07-08-2007, 11:42 AM
It depends on how you'd like to spend your vacation. March is a busy time of year. We go every year in March because of Spring Break. Despite the parks being busier, it's a wonderful time to visit. It's neither as rainy nor as humid as during the summer months. However, it's plenty warm to swim. January (according to my cousin who goes every year during either Jan or Feb) is a slower time of year than March. (However, park attendance is definitely picking-up during this period!) You might be lucky enough to have a warm enough afternoon to swim, but usually it's too cool. Personally, I'd take WDW any time of year I could get it...and do!

faline
07-08-2007, 06:55 PM
I'd select the January dates over Easter week. Crowds typically drop off quickly after the first of the year. It is very crowded at Disney during Easter time.

Parks typically close earlier in January than during the busy Easter time but you can accomplish much more, more quickly, when park attendance is lower.