PDA

View Full Version : Resort for a party of 5???

tink'72
07-07-2007, 06:44 PM
I have 5 people in my party, DH, DD(11),DS(15),DS5 and myself. We usually stay off property because with the 5 of us it is more economical. We are going back in June of 2008 and are strongly considering stayin onsite. For the first time I want to do the DDP and enjoy the EMH's. My question is which resort is best and economical for a party of 5????

ibrowse17
07-07-2007, 06:50 PM
I would look into the cabins at Ft. Wilderness:thumbsup:

magicofdisney
07-07-2007, 06:55 PM
The Deluxes accommodate 5 as does Port Orleans. You can also get connecting rooms at any resort with the Values being the most economical. Although everyone will tell you (including Disney) that they can't guarantee a room, we've NEVER had that problem. In fact I've been told if it's a family where the kids outnumber the parents and the children are young, the "guarantee" is there. :mickey:

tink'72
07-07-2007, 06:59 PM
All Deluxe resorts can fit 5?

TammiMcMan
07-08-2007, 12:13 AM
All Deluxe resorts can fit 5?The WL and AKL standard rooms accomodate 4. You'd have to book a deluxe room in order to fit all 5 of you.

Many people find that 2 rooms at a value is sometimes the best way to go... double your space and 2 bathrooms.

Here are some other options though:

AllStar Family suites - offer a separate bedroom, living room and small kitchen area, sleeps 6 @ $179

POR - Mod room with pull out trundle bed, sleeps 5 @ $160

FW Cabin - definitely not roughing it, bedroom with bed and bunk beds, living room with murphy bed, full kitchen $249

CR - deluxe resort sleeps 5, steps to MK, largest standard rooms on property, standard wing room $259

YC/BC/BWI - deluxe resort sleeps 5 (smaller child on daybed), steps to Epcot & MGM, great pool, standard view $315

Prices shown are 2007 value season rates per night. POR is probably the tightest squeeze in terms of the size of the room. The AllStar suites and FW cabins are great options. Both are about 500 square feet, offer 2 rooms and kitchens. The cabins have a full kitchen and a deck. The CR standard wing room is the largest standard room on property. The convenience to the MK can't be beat.

braindew
07-08-2007, 08:47 AM
We just returned from a 7 night stay at ASMusic Family Suite (see our recent post). We loved it, and it was much more economical than Deluxe. The fold outs are nice and easy to operate...but we wonder how they will hold up over time. The two bathrooms are amazing...and worth every penny.:grouphug:

tink'72
07-08-2007, 09:06 AM
:mickey:Thanks everyone for all of the suggestions! I think I'm going to price out the ASfamily suites and the FW cabins and compare each!