PDA

View Full Version : ?? about Swan and Dolphin

daparish
07-07-2007, 05:27 PM
Are the discounts offered at the Swan and Dolphin limited to teachers only? DH works as part of the staff for a University but is not part of the faculty.

castlegirl
07-07-2007, 11:40 PM
Last year when I made reservation for Dolphin under the teacher rate, they said to bring proof along. I took school ID tag and pay stub with school name and address. They did ask to see it at check-in. Yet no where on either does it state my position in the school district. I am, however, an elementary classroom teacher.

Just to be on the safe side, I would call to confirm the requirements. I read somewhere that if you can't show proof, you'll have to pay regular rates. Better to be safe than sorry. Hope this helps.

CardsFan81
07-08-2007, 12:49 AM
YES!!! You're eligible! I too am on staff at a University and am planning a trip to Disney. I was really interested in using the discount if at all possible, so I called the hotel and explained that I'm not an educational instructor, but I work for an educational institution and they said that was fine. When I check in I need to show them a pay stub and my employee ID.

If it makes you feel better, when you call to make the reservation, explain your situation as well.

Hope this helps!

psychotekkie
07-08-2007, 12:54 AM
What about if the school is not in the USA?

daparish
07-08-2007, 11:03 AM
Thanks everyone. I calld the 800 number and was told if he was not a teacher we would not be eligible for the teacher discount but if the college was a state university we could get the government personnel discount. Unfortunately, he works for Tulane University which is a private college.

CardsFan81
07-08-2007, 11:53 AM
I don't know if this will help you any, the eligibility of the discount is: Teacher and Education Support Staff Discount
All teachers and educational facility administrative personnel (includes colleges and universities) can take advantage of the TEACHER discounts. If you are a teacher with a certified teaching certificate, or you are employed in a school as an educational facility administrator you can take advantage of the TEACHER discounts.This would include teachers aides, substitute teachers, and administrative staff. These job types will require a Work ID or letter from supervisor on company letterhead stating employment or a recent Pay Stub.

Hope this helps. They also told me on the phone they price match from websites.

daparish
07-08-2007, 01:32 PM
I don't know if this will help you any, the eligibility of the discount is: Teacher and Education Support Staff Discount
All teachers and educational facility administrative personnel (includes colleges and universities) can take advantage of the TEACHER discounts. If you are a teacher with a certified teaching certificate, or you are employed in a school as an educational facility administrator you can take advantage of the TEACHER discounts.This would include teachers aides, substitute teachers, and administrative staff. These job types will require a Work ID or letter from supervisor on company letterhead stating employment or a recent Pay Stub.

Hope this helps. They also told me on the phone they price match from websites.

Thanks so much. He is an the accounting department so I think that would rule him out. His paycheck stub does not say his department but I would hate to take advantage of something that is not meant for us. I think I can probably join AAA and maybe get the same rate.

bkfree
07-08-2007, 10:58 PM
I am a substitute teacher at my kids elementary school and they said that , yes I qualified. To just bring a paystub or my school ID and that was all I would need.
They also have discount for Nurses.