PDA

View Full Version : 7 people in a two bedroom villa. Which one?

caseyis8
07-07-2007, 04:04 PM
My brothers' family of four (DB 33, DSIL 32, DN 13, DN 6) and our family of three (Me 32, DH 32, and DS 10) like to vacation together. We annually go to the Wisconsin Dells for five days and share a villa. Next year we are thinking of going to WDW for ten days, a Friday to the following Sunday in most likely September. I found the prices for a two bedroom villa plus theme park tickets and dining for around $7,000. I think that is a great rate since it costs around $3,500 for the package to stay at a moderate and we get the perks of staying at a home away from home resort. I have been trying to convince my DH to join DVC for a few years now so this would be our chance to try it out. :number1: Anyways, I was wondering what the grand villas are like and how many people can stay in those? and the cost for ten days? Also, if anyone has stayed in a two bedroom villa at any of the resorts could give me there opinions on their stays it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.:mickey:

hubbyofadisneyholic
07-07-2007, 04:50 PM
We are DVC members and have stayed in a 2 bedroom villa at OKW many times.
They are huge and comfortably hold 8 people. The Grand Villas have a listed capacity of 12.

OKW has the largest villas, but last month we toured a Grand Villa at SSR and it was very spacious as well.

Since we don't pay cash, I can't address that part of your question, but I'm sure someone here can answer that for you.

Have fun planning!!!:thumbsup:

GreenBeetle
07-07-2007, 05:13 PM
We stayed in a 2-bedroom villa at SSR last October. It was beautifully decorated and very spacious. We loved it.

tinktude
07-07-2007, 06:59 PM
We will have 7 the end of September this year at OKW. I find that OKW has much more room in their villas than any other. :)

TammiMcMan
07-08-2007, 12:23 AM
The grand villa rack rates are twice as much as the 2 bedroom. So whatever the breakdown is on the vacation you priced, double the cost of the 2 bedroom unit.

I've heard that the grand villas are pretty tough to book, so you'll probably want to call ASAP to check on availability.

Checkers
07-08-2007, 03:31 PM
:mickey:We have stayed in a 2 BR at OKW several times and it is very spacious. The master BR has a king-size bed and the 2nd BR has 2 queen-size beds, plus there is a queen-size sofabed in the living room. It is very nice. We also stayed at a 2BR at BWV last Sept. and although it was very nice, the
2nd BR had a queen-size bed and a double sofabed. There was I believe a queen-size sofabed in the living room. All of the 2 BRs at BWV consist of a lockoff (studio + 1BR). Most of the 2 BRs at OKW (at least the ones we have stayed in) are dedicated 2 BRs.

As for the Grand Villas, we stayed in one 2 yrs. ago at OKW and it was wonderful. I think if you are not at DVC member, it would really be difficult to reserve one of these. They are limited in # and most are reserved at the 11 mo. window by DVC members.

Good luck with your decision!

caseyis8
07-08-2007, 03:48 PM
My son really wants to stay at the Boardwalk so I was wondering what the price difference is between the Boardwalk and places like OKW and SSR? Thanks again.:mickey:

LibertyTreeGal
07-08-2007, 04:01 PM
You know, if I were you I would consider contacting magical journeys (they sponsor intercot so you can find them on the upper left hand side of the main board page). Seems to me they could probably give you the best answers and run a cost comparison for you. They are simply wonderful!

TammiMcMan
07-08-2007, 04:01 PM
My son really wants to stay at the Boardwalk so I was wondering what the price difference is between the Boardwalk and places like OKW and SSR? If you're booking through Disney, on average, the BWV are about $80 more per night for the 2 bedroom unit. The grand villa is about $300 more per night than either OKW or SSR.