PDA

View Full Version : Transportation to Dining & Parks

Harkleroad
07-06-2007, 11:39 PM
We are heading to WDW in Dec. and have made 5:00 reservations at some of the monorail resorts. My question is can we park at the resort and then possibly catch the parade and fireworks at MK and then leave from the resort? Do we need to park at the transportation center and then go to the resort and then to the park? I don't know if there is a certain amount of time that we can park at a resort with dinner reservations and I don't want to take up space if it is not allowed. MK will be closing at 8 since we will be there mid month and we wanted to make a quick run to the park because my dad really wants to take my little boy to see Spectromagic and its only running a few times while we're there. What's the best way to go? Thanks for your help.

Strmchsr
07-07-2007, 08:27 AM
I honestly don't know about parking at the resort. I think I remember that you can only park there for 2 hours, but I can't verify that. Anyway, maybe someone else can say for sure, but otherwise I'd park at the TTC and then go to the park, then to the resort.

ytzking
07-07-2007, 09:36 AM
When I go to a Monorail Resort for a meal I usually plan a trip to MK around it and park there for the remainder of the day. There is a limit on how long you can park there for but if you valet park ( a few dollars extra, but worth it ) there is no time limit. I think it's definitely worth the extra few dollars to avoid the trip to the TTC or main parking lot.

MsMin
07-07-2007, 09:56 AM
I thought the time limit to park at another resort was 2 hours. I never wanted to bother with taking the car in and out and just took the bus to and from MK and used that as my base. But I do plan my dinners near the planned events. I prefer hopping on a monorail. IMO it is faster and less of a hassle b/c you can go straight from the park.
Are you staying onsite? b/c there are some restrictions on parking depending on whether you are a registered guest too. It can be a hassle to park at a resort if you are not staying onsite, security has tightened up a little.