PDA

View Full Version : Refillable Mug: Resort logo missing?

brianjdu4
07-06-2007, 10:55 PM
I just returned from Port Orleans Riverside and purchased the refillable mug. I have several of them from previous resort stays. All of them have had the specific resort logo on them, except for this last one at Riverside. Has Disney gone to a generic refillable mug logo?

JPL
07-06-2007, 11:48 PM
They went to a standard design that is year specific

GrmGrninGost
07-07-2007, 01:13 AM
They have gone generic. :( I find it hard to believe a company that prides itself on being the best and providing the best for their guests has gone that cheap! :mad:

Mickey91
07-07-2007, 02:33 AM
Hearing that they have a generic resort mug makes me sick!:sick: I love the resort specific mugs! We collect them and look forward to staying at different resorts to get their mug! Too bad Disney had to go generic!:mad: They seem to be going cheap on a lot lately! It will probably bite them in the butt! I hope so!

little disney lovers
07-07-2007, 06:24 AM
If they've gone to one design, does that mean you can refill at any resort? They obviously change yearly so people can't bring thier mug from their last trip and use it. But the money they save on people re-using mugs from another trip, compared to the money they will lose from people refilling at any resort, will probably even itself out. Hardly worth it!
Then again, only making one generic mug will save on printing all the different resort designs.
Cheap wins again!

WDWfanatic742
07-07-2007, 07:44 AM
You still aren't allowed to use your mug's at any resort that you didn't buy the mug at, but I don't see how they would be able to prove that your cup isn't from their resort.

vamaggie
07-07-2007, 08:14 AM
You still aren't allowed to use your mug's at any resort that you didn't buy the mug at, but I don't see how they would be able to prove that your cup isn't from their resort.

There was another thread with this topic about a month ago and it stated that you CAN use the mug at different resorts as long as it is within the length of stay that you bought it at. So my understanding is that if I bought a YOMD mug at WL and traveled to Poly to see EWP I could refill it at Poly. Can someone please clarify for us?? TIA

where_else
07-07-2007, 08:25 AM
Hello,

We stayed at POFQ in May of this year. We bought one of the 2007 Dreams Come True mugs. It states "Free refills available at our Resort Beverage Islands until the end of the stay in which the mug was purchased." Hope this helps :mickey:

brianjdu4
07-07-2007, 09:38 AM
Do annual passholders get to reuse their mug during their next visit? I don't see why not if the mugs are generic and are all the same. I know... I know... play by the rules, right?

Donalds Duckie
07-07-2007, 05:45 PM
My guess is that APHolders (and that includes Me) have to abide by the same rule "during length of stay" too. I was at CBR in May and was sad to see a generic Year of A Million Dreams mug.:( I collect these mugs, or, I did, and I always looked forward to purchasing my mug as soon as I got to my room.

Does anyone know if this change is permanent or will Disney return to resort specific mugs after the Year of A Million Dreams is over?

little disney lovers
07-07-2007, 07:03 PM
For all of you who collect, or did collect the resort specific mugs - Just think, now they are not making them you have a great collectable item!
:mickey: