PDA

View Full Version : Computers at CR

jedi jen
07-06-2007, 07:51 PM
Hi all,

I am heading for the CR on July 13, and I am wondering if there is anyone out there who has tried the in-room computers at CR. I called the CR and they said I would have access to the entire internet. I was going to bring a laptop because, unfortunately I need to check my e-mail while I am on vacation. :( If I can use the in-room computers and don't have to bring my computer, then that will certainly make life easier in the luggage department. :D Has anyone used the in-room computers and have they worked well? Were you able to access non-Disney sites?

Thank you.

Lehman Family
07-06-2007, 11:03 PM
I've never heard of the resorts having in-room computers, and the internet access you have to pay for the last time I checked. I hope I'm wrong, but I think you'll need to take your laptop with.

LottaLubes
07-07-2007, 07:15 AM
Last year we stayed in a renovated CR room and it had a computer. We did purchase the service for one (rainy) day and it was $9.95 for 24 hours.

I thought I heard that not all rooms had the computer. I could be wrong...maybe the transition was based on renovation schedule.

Yes, you can get non-disney sites. We were able to check home, work email, etc. just like we would if we had our laptop with us.

P.S. Even if you bring your laptop, you still have to pay for the service...I do not believe it is included in the cost of the room.

WDWfanatic742
07-07-2007, 07:41 AM
I've never seen an in-room computer before at CR. If you bring your laptop, you will have to pay $9.99 for every 24 hours for internet service.

Simbafan73
07-07-2007, 10:19 AM
I am a consultant and need mine for business even when on vacation.Depends on your need for PC. If it is just to surf and emails, you should be OK. I suggest your own laptop. You may want to check folders and files or to download something for viewing later. Also, having Wireless capability gives flexibility to move around the room or suite.

Niecyboo
07-07-2007, 10:17 PM
We were just there in April, and they were trying out a new "online concierge" service. Part of the package was a free computer and wireless internet. We were able to do everything we needed from our room, including checking email, doing work and even visiting Intercot. You were also able to do limited things such as look up restaraunts, requesting additional pillows etc. (hence the online concierge).

I'm not sure if they're charging a free for this now, but it was great to have. We were also able to use my husband's work laptop at the same time, and have two people on the computer.

TammiMcMan
07-07-2007, 11:47 PM
I haven't seen any reports yet that the CR is charging for their in room computers. You can definitely leave the laptop at home though if you're staying there. It's a nice amenity and definitely fits in with the theme of that resort.

jedi jen
07-08-2007, 10:05 AM
Thank you everyone for the information. :thanks: It is most helpful, and I am going to try leaving my laptop at home. I tend to overpack, :blush: and will be so happy to have one less thing to worry about and carry. :clappy:

I leave this Friday - in 5 days. :joy::cloud9:

Donalds Duckie
07-08-2007, 10:24 AM
I think this is a nice ammenity if it is still being offered. It would be very nice to be able to leave the laptop at home (if you did not need specialized software for your profession). And, you would have to pay for internet use whether you use your laptop or their laptop. Yep, I think this is a good feature indeed.

So, how would one find out of this is still being offered? I have seriously been considering CR Theme Park View room for a long Labor Day weekend.

TammiMcMan
07-08-2007, 10:45 AM
So, how would one find out of this is still being offered? I have seriously been considering CR Theme Park View room for a long Labor Day weekend.Well, the computers are still there, they were designed into the rooms during their recent renovation. The only question seems to be how much longer they'll be offered for free.

Donalds Duckie
07-08-2007, 12:11 PM
Hi Tammi! Thanks so much for your post.

I would absolutely pay $9.95/24 hr. for this ammenity. I used to pay the additional fee for that tiny refrigerator I seldom used before they increased the size and included them in all moderate and deluxe resort rooms. The computer I'll actually use!

Now....I just need to find out if I can get 9/4 off work and I can book my trip!:cool: