PDA

View Full Version : suites offsite vs. onsite

streborn
07-05-2007, 07:51 PM
I am travelling with extended family to WDW in October. I love staying on property but my family is pushing for an offsite suite hotel because of the price and freebie breakfasts. Can anyone recommend offsite suites? or conversely onsite solutions for larger groups?
Thanks for your help!
Kat

Simbafan73
07-07-2007, 10:26 AM
If price is the issue then offsite is less expensive for Suites. More and less costs for meals etc. Keep in mind logistics of transportation is a pain, even if Shuttle is an option.
If experience and rest is more important, then onsite is certainly best. There are now more options with suites at all levels of accomodations. There is also the option of adjoining rooms, which can be very competitive in price. As far as breakfast is concerned, just order from Garden Grocer and eat Breakfast in the room.

Piglet822
07-07-2007, 04:18 PM
If free breakfast is the only perk I would say go for an onsite resort. The perks that you'll receive as a WDW resort guest far outweigh a free breakfast.

Simbafan73's suggestion of Garden Grocer (http://www.gardengrocer.com) is a good one. Another option is to pack a suitcase with snacks, dry cereal, packets of oatmeal, etc. You can have your breakfast in your room, saving a bit of money, and you'll have an empty suitcase to carry your souveniers home in :D

Horizon93
07-07-2007, 04:27 PM
I agree, The benefits and convenience of staying onsite make it a clear choice for me. There are lots of options from adjoining rooms to grand villas at DVC resorts. (if available)

The transportation alone makes it worth it. The convenience of easily returning to your rooms for a needed break and then returning to the parks will be greatly appreciated on a long magical day.