PDA

View Full Version : I Finally Rode Nemo!

Maleficent's Dad
07-05-2007, 06:56 PM
Whew!
:whew: :whew:

I wasn't sure it was going to happen, but on Tuesday night (July 3), my family and I finally got on the Subs for Nemo!

We had about a 60 minute wait (posted time was for 90 minutes). The ride was definitely good. The ride was not - IMHO- what I would call great. However, if you're reading this, that means you're probably going to go on it soon or have already ridden it; like me, you want to see the new attraction, you need to see the new attraction... ;) It doesn't really matter what others say - YOU WILL BE ON IT!

So here's what we thought.

DS (8) really loved it - would have ridden again. DW thought it was "OK." DD (6) didn't have an opinion (she didn't request a second ride).

There are some nice effects - but in my opinion, they depend too much on the "animated" projected movie type effects (used in WDW at the Living Seas as well). These effects make up mostly the entire ride. The sound effects and movie effects are great, but I wanted more "props" in the water re Nemo.

The ride has some cute jokes. It's longer than I thought it would be. Looks short from the queue, but it goes on longer. If you remember 20,000 Leagues, there are some similar effects - like the bubbles for descent, etc... The reefs are very realistic as is all the underwater scenery - this part of the ride is definitely excellent!

I'll post in the "Theme Park" section for DLR some of my experiences with getting on the ride without too long a wait!

If you have any questions, fire away! :nemo: :dory:

Carol
07-05-2007, 07:10 PM
Cool, Frank. :cool: Glad you got to ride. I'm hoping to at the end of the month. :nemo::dory:

What time of night did you get in line??

Maleficent's Dad
07-05-2007, 07:21 PM
Fireworks were delayed, so I say we lined up between 9:30 and 10 PM.

This is VERY late for my family!!!

Lizzie
07-08-2007, 01:17 PM
Thanks for the report. Looking forward to riding it.

ChipDale
07-09-2007, 12:49 PM
Thanks for the review, Frank! :thumbsup:

jean in nh
07-09-2007, 08:08 PM
Well, now that I've learned that the hand and wand are going to be removed...DRAT, DARN, BUMMER...I LOVED seeing them at Epcot...it's good to see that one of my other favorites-
20,000 leagues can be seen in part at Nemo:mickey:

ChipnDaleGal
07-11-2007, 08:36 AM
Thanks for sharing your experience. I hope we luck out with a manageable line like you did later this month when we visit. I never got to ride 20,000 Leagues so I am really anxious to try this one. :nemo: