PDA

View Full Version : Too late to get a room???

mjdnd4
07-05-2007, 05:01 PM
We are planning a trip for early November 07. We are new to DVC and have never used our points before. What are my chances of getting a 2 bedroom? Is it too late? It seems like people are booking much farther in advance. :confused: Also, what is garden grocer? I've seen some posting about it. Is it worth it? How are the prices compared to doing the shopping myself?

lockedoutlogic
07-05-2007, 06:05 PM
only one way to find out.....

call DVC mem. services and ask them...they'll be able to tell you within seconds what's available out of the six DVC locations....

there's no way to effectively a question like yours...people's travel patterns and habits fluctuate...that and the point system probably encourages more variation in travel times...differences in room rates are not an issue.

dolphinmickey9170
07-05-2007, 07:42 PM
Also, what is garden grocer? I've seen some posting about it. Is it worth it? How are the prices compared to doing the shopping myself?

Garden Grocer is a decent priced way to get the items you need delivered to your resort. You can log on and look around the site and it will show you the prices of items. The prices are okay, but they aren't a discount store. Delivery is $12.00. Think about this.....if you have your own car, Walmart is just a few minutes from WDW. You would save some money. If you are only using Disney transportation, you could hail a cab for about the same price of delivery from Garden Grocer.

Disdude
07-07-2007, 11:40 AM
Your questions have already been answered but I wanted to lend a little support for Garden Grocer. We used them on our last stay at SSR and it was terrific. The prices listed were the price that they buy it for at the grocery store. We never rent a car and we did the cab thing to the Crossroads once before and it was a pain. We will always use them when we stay in a DVC resort.