PDA

View Full Version : The Harrison's Hotel Only (well, almost!) Mini-Trip-- Day #4

tyandskyesmom
07-05-2007, 04:33 PM
July 4, 2007 -- Wednesday---final day!

We had called for a wake-up call at 9am just in case but we never sleep late on that last day...just too sad to see it end I suppose!

We had most things packed up the night before so when I woke up ar 7:30am I finished packing the stuff we would not need fo rthe day and then packed up the stroller and bag for the day. I woke everyone up and we made sure everything was ready, looked around at some animals and called down for our luggage to be stored. Then we took the stroller and bag with our day things down to the pool to get some chairs under an umbrella for when it began to rain and checked-in for our breakfast at Boma. It was really good but we love a breakfast buffet so we knew this one would work. After breakfast we went to the pool. There was a girl there, had to be 12 or 13 running around with no top on??? Apparently, she had a top because about 10 minutes after she arrived, someone told her she had to put it on but she was there long enough to have every parent's head turn with surprise! We had to have been there for a couple of hours before it started to pour...I mean a real down pour...the worst we had seen in the four days we were there. Ty was still swimming so Lou waited under the umbrella for him while I took Skye into Boma to decorate a Rhino Cookie with frosting, gummie bears and mickey head sprinkles...as we were leaving Tyler showed up, they had kicked everyone out. When the cookies were all made and eaten we changed into our dry clothes and stuffed our wet things into the stored suitcases then headed to The Mara for lunch. Again Lou had the shrimp and fries, I had a chef salad and a bowl of chicken pepper pot soup, and Ty had a pizza--actually almost two pizzas. Skye was not hungry again. the kids made flag and fireworks key chains with the life guards outside by the kid's club. Then we went to the lobby and Skye and Ty watched TV with two little girls who's parents I did not see anywhere the whole time we were there. Lou and I relaxed in the big chairs. Ty and I took one last sweep of the gift shop, I guess hoping to see something to spend our money on but nope! We had our luggage pulled and went to the DME stop to wait for our 5:05pm pick up time. We were early so we read Disney Trivia questions to eachother. The bus was 4 minutes late and when it arrived it had already made a stop. We had to stop at ASMo on the way too. While stopped there a little boy that got on with us had a stinky accident so his mom went in back to clean him up and while she was doing that a small child in the front of the bus vomited all over the front isle. The poor bus driver! Good thing we were picked up so early! We arrived at MCO and checked our bags quickly. Security was empty...we have never seen that at MCO. We did not have a line for our obligatory McDonalds and ever ate at the table not down by the gate. When we did get to the gate about 45 minutes early the crabby person there told us the plane was running early and was almost there and since there were only 17 people on our flight and all were checked in they were going to board early and leave ASAP. Of course, Skye needed the bathroom twice in that small amount of time so we were runnung. We basically got a whole plane to ourselves! We were served whole cans of drinks instead of the 1/3 of a can you usually get. The down side was that our flight attendants did not appear to be happy about being there and it showed but hey, this was an awesome day to fly as far as I am comcerned!

Oh, and much like the backside of water, the top side of fireworks are beautiful! We could see them for a majority of the way home. We hit some bad weather over Kentucky and actually despite leaving early arrived late but the view from above was great!

All in all, this was a great trip! Not as relaxing as we expected with Dad's suprise and all but great none the less! It was a little more humid than I would generally like but we are used to going in the winter so that could be why. We discovered why you would want to be up ayt 6am on vacation...we got a lot done...in fact we got to doo everythig we wanted to and more that we thought we would! The onle day we heard any noise from the construction at AKL was on Tuesday. We could hear the trucks from outside out room and there was quite a bit of pounding coming from the hidden floor above when we walked through the lobby. However, none of my concerns about lessened activities or staffing or busses ended up bing a problem. We had a great time! In fact, if I were going to buy DVC, and I don't really like the idea of it totally at this time, but if i were going to...AKL would be what would do it for me!

This morning I made most of our ADRs for January...so that always lessens the sting of coming home a bit!

180 more days!...and they're off...

T-Belle
07-05-2007, 04:50 PM
I've really enjoyed your reports. Thanks for sharing.

DizNee143
07-05-2007, 04:52 PM
the last day is sad..but sounds like you guys made the most of it...
i dont know if i would of lasted on that bus with all those accidents!! lol..
thats awesome you got to see the top side of fireworks...most of been interesting!!
thanx for sharing your trip with us..i really enjoyed reading all about it!! :mickey:

BronxTigger
07-05-2007, 06:16 PM
Thanks for sharing your trip with us. For only going to the park for one day in a holiday week, you really got a lot done. I'm also amazed that you only went to the parks for only one day! And you still had a great time on your trip.
:thumbsup:

Lizzie
07-05-2007, 06:35 PM
Thanks for all your reports.

mrsgaribaldi
07-07-2007, 01:04 AM
The last day always makes me sad, even someone elses last day.:(;)
Thanks for sharing:thumbsup:

Bethanymouse
07-07-2007, 01:19 AM
It sounds like you had a great trip. Thanks so much for bringing us all along! :D

kakn7294
07-07-2007, 05:38 AM
Reposting - my other post seems to have disappeared! I'll bet those fireworks were awesome! No trees or buildings to block the view! Too bad about the DME bus ride - I don't think I would have lasted long - it would smell too much like work!

faline
07-07-2007, 04:41 PM
I'm glad you enjoyed your getaway - even without spending much time in the parks!

It's great that your next trip is already being planned!

tinksmom02
07-07-2007, 11:29 PM
Thanks for the trip reports, I really enjoyed them! I'm glad you and your family enjoyed your mini-vacay--I think you did an incredible amount of stuff for such a short period of time!

dolphinmickey9170
07-09-2007, 11:10 AM
I get so emotional on the last day....sounds like you all had a great time!! Thanks for sharing.

pdrlkr
07-10-2007, 09:34 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

January-2007
07-11-2007, 12:17 PM
Short trips are hard to take sometimes, aren't they, knowing that you have to leave so soon. Your family sure did accomplish a lot though, wow! For such a busy time of year with the holiday and all. Thanks for the great trip reports, they were a lot of fun to read. Have fun planning your January vacation! It does lessen the sting, if only a little!

RedSoxFan
07-11-2007, 04:19 PM
I enjoyed reading your trip reports. Sounds like a great mini-vacation.:mickey:

tinkerbellybutton
07-11-2007, 08:54 PM
I loved reading about your trip! Thanks so much for sharing it with us.:thumbsup: