PDA

View Full Version : The Harrison's Hotel Only (well, almost!) Mini-Trip-- Day #3

tyandskyesmom
07-05-2007, 04:04 PM
July 3, 2007 -- Tuesday

So after our long day yesterday we had a wake-up call set for 9am. Again it was just music. I showered, then Lou, then Skye, then Ty...we walked out that door by 10am only to arrive at the bus stop and wait....There were not many people out and about...I guess I had just expected it to be so crazy out and about today and tomorrow. We were going to take a bus to Magic Kingdom and then a momorail to the Grand Floridian. It was so humid that my sun glasses were fogging up just for the heack of it! We waited about fifteen minutes for a pretty empty bus. On the bus we decided that since we had to wait so long (between getting down to the bus stop and waitig for the bus it was not about 10:30am) that we could not take the monorail because we would have to make the whole loop before coming to the Grand Floridian. We arrived at the Magic Kingdom and walked across toward the monorail. There were a lot of people coming in. As we were approaching, a ferry came in from the Grand Floridian. He said he was going back to the Grand Floridian first and then the Poly so we jumped on. We got off that boat ar three minutes to 11am. We practially ran to 1900 Park Fare for our breakfast and were 4 minutes late. That was ok though because they were already behind.

The kids met Mary Poppins in the lobby and got their pictures and signatures. While they were doing that the Mad Hatter runs out through the doors into the lobby and screams at the top of his lungs and runs back in...Mary Poppins said she did not know what she was going to do with him! We were the last family seated for breakfast. We were the first table off of the main dining room so we were close to the food and characters. The waitress told us it takes the characters about an hour to work the whole room. Alice and the Mad Hatter were nearing our section shortly. We got the books ready and waited. When they arrived they looked through the books (the kids have more like scrap books than the same old boring autograph books) and signed them and posed for pictures. Skye was a little afraid of the Mad Hatter because he was so loud. He wanted her to sing him the Un-Birthday Song...she just looked at him. They were fun. They were throwing tea at the table next to us??? We grabbed a bit of food after they left and then Tigger came up. He loved his picture on the pace too! While I was gone getting food Pooh came up and according to Lou was rather lackluster but did what he was supposed to so who can complain? Skye loved it though...she has been big into Alice and Mary Poppins lately. The food was great and even though we were one of the last maybe 4 tables in the place the food did not lack anything and we did not feel rushed. And ooohhh, the Strawberry Soup was delicious...you guys were right there too!

After breakfast we took a monorail ride to the Ticket and Transportation Center. Ty asked if he could ride in the front but there was already three people in there so the driver said if he wanted to ride he would make sure he got off where ever we were going. So Ty rode up in front and we rode in the car behind that. He got a liscense. We transferred to an Epcot monorail there just to get a little bit insude another park. We decided to grab a bus with a close stop and just go there to get a bus to Downtown Disney. The closest was Coronado Springs/Blizzard Beach. There was one other family there and a bus pullin gup...perfect! Or so we thought! We get on and get going. The other family was from Ireland and were staying off-site and were heading to Blizzard Beach. The Bus driver called ahead and found out that Blizzard Beach had closed to all guests because they were full to capacity. It was about 1pm. So he explained the best way for them to get to Typhoon Lagoon. We got off at the first stop at Coronado Springs (#2) and waited, and waited, and waited. I should have known better. This is one of the things we hate about the Moderates...all those bus stops and no busses! So about 45 minutes later a bus finally shows up. Believe it or not ion all that time only about 4 busses stopped and one of them was a training bus.

So we finally get to Downtown Disney. We had decided to start at West Side and walk back towards Marketplace. We had not been there in a long time and I don't remember it looking like that? We looked around the memoribilia store, the magnet store, the candy store, and then hit Virgin...Lou was in heaven! I am glad we don't have one of those by us! We stopped at Wetzels Pretzels for pretzels and drinks. We walked through Pleasure Island and into the Marketplace. We looked all over. We really did not see much that we were crazy about. In fact I don't think we have ever left DD with that little bit of bags...we may nevere have left World of Disney with that little of bags! I did get a strawberry/kiwi bath bomb for me, a rose one for my mom, and a vanilla with Mickey head sprinkles bomb for the kids. Tyler's main objective here was the build your own light saber at the toy store ($20.00 and you get a pin too) and even though Skye had intended to do it too she had falled in love with a baby Pegasus that she just had to have. We got a few other things but we walked out of WOD with one little card sized bag?????? We did stop at Goofy's Candy Store (that was my whole reason for coming downtown after our first encounter here last trip!). Skye just wanted one of those big suckers as big as her head (that girl sure is boring sometimes!) but Ty for marshmallows covered in milk chocolate with red, white, and blue sprinkles, I got marshmallows covered in milk chocolate with peanut butter cups and caramel drizzle, and Lou got three pretzels (that is one order) all different and i cannot even begin to tell you what he had on them but they were twice the size by the time she was done making them! Unlike the rest of our transportation troubles today, we walked right up on a loading bus and were home in 10 minutes.

When we got home we dropped off our stuff in the room and changed for swimming...that is all of us except Lou. We swam while Lou watched. About 9pm we got out and Lou took the kids to the night vision animal viewing at the Flamingo Pond while I went back to the room to meet my bath bomb. Aaaahhhh...Unfortunately they camm back way too soon! They said there was only a giraffe and a bird out there but that the goggole are really neat. Apparently they range in cose from $250.00 to $3000.00 like the one Ty had around his neck! I got out of the tub and the kids got in with thier bomb. Lou and I started packing up everything we were not going to need. The kids got out of the tub, watched some animals for a while and hit the sack!

DizNee143
07-05-2007, 04:35 PM
sounds like a good day with breakfast and then just hanging out at Downtown Disney!! :mickey:

T-Belle
07-05-2007, 04:43 PM
The chocolate covered marshmallows sound yummy! I'm going to have to remember that for our next trip.

Lizzie
07-05-2007, 06:32 PM
Sounds like another fun day.

SBETigg
07-05-2007, 06:55 PM
Great day, love that you saw so many characters. Too bad your nice quiet time in the tub got cut short, though. :)

realtreebar
07-06-2007, 11:12 PM
thanks for sharing!!!

mrsgaribaldi
07-07-2007, 01:01 AM
The candy sounds good. I have to make some next time we go. Thanks for sharing:thumbsup:

Bethanymouse
07-07-2007, 01:03 AM
Sounds like another great day. I am so glad that you enjoyed your meals and your tub! Thanks for sharing!

faline
07-07-2007, 04:33 PM
What a nice, relaxed day!

dolphinmickey9170
07-09-2007, 11:04 AM
thanks for sharing, sounds like a nice day.

pdrlkr
07-10-2007, 09:34 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

January-2007
07-11-2007, 11:59 AM
Another fabulous day. Sorry about your transportation woes, I hate it when that happens! Thanks for the trip report!

RedSoxFan
07-11-2007, 04:14 PM
Another great day and breakfast sounded like it was a fun time.:mickey:

tinkerbellybutton
07-11-2007, 08:37 PM
Now that's what I call a relaxing vacation day! Thanks for sharing.