PDA

View Full Version : The Harrison's Hotel Only (well, almost!) Mini-Trip-- Day #2

tyandskyesmom
07-05-2007, 03:19 PM
July 2, 2008 -- Monday

The wake-up call came at 6:30am and while i was anticipating Mickey and Stitch...I got instrumental music...nice but a let down! The Ostrich are out on the savanah and the moon is setting above them near the level of the top of the logdge through the haze (it is very humid this morning) and looks really cool! The weather forcast is up to 88 degrees and 78% humidity. Supposedly we are to get rain this afternoon and then clear up for the evening...we'll see! So to set a record for us...we are all up and ready by 7:30am...oh I forgot to tell you what we are doing today!!!

Well, the day before we left, my dad called from their vacation in Colorado and said he just cannot see taking the kids that close and not going to any parks so he would pay for a one day base ticket!!!! You cannot imagine how excited the kids were...I was scarred! I have listened to all the horror stories of this time of the year and was afraid of what we might find! So I carefully chose this day as our best opportunity to hit the Magic Kingdom with the least amount of people! I figured that most people want to spend the third and/or forth of July in MK so they would be spending the second elsewhere. I also have listened to all of you who say to get out early and you get more done. So, even though it is generally against our nature to get up that early at Disney World, in fact, we have never been to a park at opening, we were all up and ready by 7:30am.

We ran up to the lobby (which is actually on the third floor and our room on the second) to get the base ticket added to our room keys (which we were kinda disappointed in because we wanted a picture card!). The kids and I ran into the gift shop to get rain ponchos that we do actually have at home...somewhere. I couldn't find them before we left. And I also got a pen because the sharpies I though I brought were unable to be found...until we were leaving and I found them in a pouch on the suit case that i did not think I used! Then we all met up and we ran to The Mara for a cinnamon roll and fruit loops for Skye, a glazed donut for Ty, and a crossaint for me...oh, and to re-fill our mugs. We got to the bus stop and there was only one other family there. That could be a good thing or a bad one...either we just missed a bus and will be waiting a while or there really aren't that many people heading to MK today! We started munching on our breakfasts when the bus showed up! So in the bag they all went. I think two more families showed up and boarded the bus and we were off!

We arrived at the MK about 8:30am. We paid for a single stroller for the day...just figured if it was going to pour on us we did not want our stroller all wet for the rest of the trip...plus the kids like 'em and i actually think they are easier to maneuver. Now, there were a lot of people waiting but we were in the right pretty much next to the window where you pay for the EVCs and such so we were not too far back. This was the firs ttime we have been there this early and the kids did not get what we were doing. That is until, the train came around!

We debated about what to do first and finally came to this...we went to the right of the castle and hit the bathroom. Then we headed around towards Fantasyland! The tea cups were fun, Pooh was a walk on (even in slow times when we usually go Pooh is a Fast Pass ride for us!), Snow White had no wait and Dumbo was about 20 minutes...that's about as good as it gets right? We then went to see the Mermaid in her grotto! Skye gave her a huge hug and I did not think she was going to let her go (Kathy, you gotta see the picture!) and she got a red kiss in the forhead! Then we grabbed FP for Peter Pan as it was at about a 20 minute wait...I know, that's nothing but we did not want to! It was now about 10:30am so we headed towards Haunted Mansion. Yes, we knew it was closed but I think my guys were hoping my information was wrong so they just had to see it for themselves! The big wooden gate was closed with a note from Master Gracey. So we went to Columbia Harbor house for lunch. It was empty. I had the tuna sandwich and potato chips (which we saved for later), Lou has fish and chips, and Ty had chicken strips with apple sliced and an order of fries. Skye was boycotting lunch because she did not want to stop riding! But she did end up eating some apples and fries. All of it was really good! I even liked Lou's fish as much or more that England's in Epcot...don't tell him that though! We were upstairs and all by ourselves! It was our first time there but i don't think it will be our last! by this time our FP for Peter Pan were up so we went to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad for FP. We knew Skye would not be big enough but apparently she didn't...she was so upset! Then we headed back for Peter Pan, It's A Small World, the Carousel, and Philharmagic. We looked around at Sir Mickey's mostly for the little bit of air conditioning it supplied! It was not yet time for our other fast passes so we cut thru to the Tiki Room and Pirates. We got the front seat (much to Tyler's dismay!). Unfortunately the Davey Jones effect was not working...that would have been very cool in the front seat! I got soaked! Pirates was our longest line all day...about 40 minutes.After a trip through the pirate stope the guys headed for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad to use the fast passes and Skye and I went for a potty break. On the way, we saw Wendy and Peter but Lou had the camera...she was mad. While in the bathroom I remembered I had my cell phone so we waited in like to get Wendy and Peter's autographs. Now we just have to figure out how to print the picture off of my phone! Just as we were coming arounf to Frontierland they were setting up for the parade so Skye and I grabbed a seat right at the beginning of the parade route and waited. Lou called shortly after we sat down and they were on their way over. The ground was very hot! Lou ran for fries and drinks while Ty played rope toss and Tic-Tac-Toe with on of the CMs. Skye just sat and waited. Hhhmmm, parades in July...people are crazy! We had people shoving their kids on top of us to see it! Now why don't people just make sure they are there in enough time to get good seats if they want them instead of trying to steal someone elses? And we were not there more than 15 minutes before it began so it's not like you needed to waste half you day getting a seat or anything! After the parade we went back arounfd to Adventureland and got fast passes for Jungle Cruise and rode the Magic Carpets. It wasn't time for our cruise yet so we headed to Tomorrowland. Lou wanted to eat at the Tomorrowland Noodle Terrace again. We were able to catch it on it's first run and it was great! Today it was only open from 5pm - 9pm. The Monster Laugh Floor was just going in so we jumped in there and really liked it. I don't know that it would be somethng we would need to do more than once in a trip...although Ty's goal it to gwt picked on to be on the big screen so he might go over and over until he gets there! We grabbed fast passes for Buzz and headed back over for our cruise. Ty and a few other kids found the leaping tarantulla in line and could not figure out how it was jumping...it kept them amused! We grabbed a bucket of popcorn in a Pirates tub (the kids collect them and use them to put little toys and things in!) and Ty finished his one left over chicken strip from lunch while on the way over to the Noodle Terrace. We got beef & broccoli, teriyaki chicken and a kids mac n cheese with carrots, grapes and a bottle of water. This place has definately gone down hill...not as many choices, not as good! You do get chop stix with your meal and a fortune cookie. One of my pea pods had a perfect black hidden Mickey on it! Skye was again being difficult about eating so we took a little longer here. We then went to Buzz. Lou won, of course, with about 85,000, the me with about 75,000, then Ty with about 65,000 and then Skye with 1900...which is really very good for her! We hit the TTA and Carousel of Progress and then headed for ToonTown. Skye was so excited to find that she was plenty big enough for this. So Lou took them and I went to check out the character greeting lines...only two of them were open and one was 75 minutes and one was 90 so there was no way that was happening! I sat on a bench and waited for them.

...continued in next post...

tyandskyesmom
07-05-2007, 03:21 PM
So we left off with Lou, Ty, and Skye on the Barnstormer...

I saw them go around...Lou and Skye in one seat and Ty in the front seat by himself (that did not scare him but the hill in Pirates did!?!?!?). Skye did not look too happy. So when they walked up I braced myself for the drama...but there was none...she said it was awesome and she could not wait to go again! Go figure!--she also loves Pirates! We toured Minnie's house and Mickey's house and decided to make a round trip ride on the train. We left all our stuff in Toon Town. Needless to say when we approach the Frontierland station we are told there is lightening in the area and we will have to get out there! SO we hoofed it all the way back to Toon Town in the steady drizzle which by this point actually felt good! It gradually got heavier and heavier to the point of a steady downpour. That did not stop the people from lining up for Spectromagic though...Our plan at this point was to go to Casey's for a snack (yes, we'll call it a snack.), sit for the first showing of Spectromagic, watch Wishes from there and then decide on if we wanted to go do anything again or not but it did not work out that way. Lou and Ty did get Casey's. Why do people who are not eating sit around at the tables waiting for a parade or something while watching those people carrying food around looking for a place to sit to eat and not move? Do they not know that those tables are there for the patrons of the restaurant? It was still pouring so an unbrella over the table would have been nice. We found three chairs someone had pulled over unver the awnung near the bathrooms behind Casey's and sat ans waited for Lou to get the food. During that time a CM from Casey's came around and told us those chairs needed to stay by the tables for people to eat at. I told him we did not move them there and we were waiting for my husband to get back with food but he said they needed to go and took them...now if he had been telling all those people who were sitting in those chairs but not eating to move then we would not have had this problem in th first place! So we sat on the ledge. Lou came out with the food and said there was room inside at the bleachers so we went in there. Spectromagic had started and all the Brazilian tour groups were cheering together. The rain was slowing but was still pretty steady. After their snack we looked around the Emporium (is that whole side now called the Emporium or are they all still seperate stores joined together internally?) and Skye found a pair of hot pink shiny princess flip flops she just had to have. About went we were getting done there, the rain stopped and Wishes was going to start so we got a good spot near the Confectionary. Tyler and Skyler were both riding in the stroller...Ty behind her and Skye sitting in the foot area...and Ty fell asleep. I held Skye up for Wishes until almos tht eend when she wanted Lou to hold her and almost immediately fell asleep. After Wishes there was a mad dash for the gate so we just sat on a bench across from the Fire Station and waited. When the masses clearred we found a spot on the curb across from Exposition Hall and waited for the second running of Spectromagic. Ty and I took turns reading Disney Trivia questions to eachother while Lou ran to the bakery for a carrot cake and a crumb cake. Skye slept through the whole thing. By now it was once again empty and we probably could have headed back in and gotten rides on a lot of things with no wait but we were all exhausted so we just headed out. We walked up to the bus stop and a bus appearred. I took a cold shower because i was just too sticky to sleep like that and then we all crashed.

Hey, there's not one sound from a cricket or frog??? Was yesterday a recording? How can all the frogs and crickets be gone or sleeping??? I did leave the door open again just in case but nothing...until a cattle woke me up mooing in the morning!

DizNee143
07-05-2007, 04:24 PM
i knew youguys were gonn aend up at a park!! lol..
that was very nice of your dad paying for a day in the parks!!..
well you guys definetly made the day of Magic Kingdom..you really got a lot done!! sounds like a very good time was had by all!! :mickey:

T-Belle
07-05-2007, 04:35 PM
Another great report. What a long day, you must have been exhausted. Too bad about the frogs & crickets, I wonder where they were???

SBETigg
07-05-2007, 05:03 PM
Great surprise day in the MK! Doesn't get much better than that. Your dad is a great guy.:thumbsup:

Lizzie
07-05-2007, 06:28 PM
Wow what a full day at the MK. :mickey:

kakn7294
07-05-2007, 06:36 PM
I knew you couldn't stay away from MK! I can't wait to see that pic of Skye and Ariel! Only 37 more days and I'll be there myself. Our DME packette came today! BTW, like Lou and Ty, I keep hoping that HM is finished much sooner than projected and we can ride! Wishful thinking I know, but I can't help it!

Bethanymouse
07-05-2007, 06:54 PM
What a fun filled day! You were able to see so many things! I feel the same way when people sit down in the CS resturants- it makes me mad when they dont move for people who have food.....ugh. Anyway, I am glad that you had such a great day. Thanks for sharing!:D

mrsgaribaldi
07-07-2007, 12:56 AM
Sorry about the weather and the rude people but it sounds like you are making the best of it. Thanks for sharing:thumbsup:

faline
07-07-2007, 04:32 PM
What a great Magic Kingdom day! It was really nice of your dad to buy the tickets for you!

BriarRose0708
07-09-2007, 10:40 AM
Sounds like the perfect day at Magic Kingdom despite the rain!

dolphinmickey9170
07-09-2007, 10:57 AM
Sounds great, nice reporting.

pdrlkr
07-10-2007, 09:33 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

January-2007
07-11-2007, 11:45 AM
Holy cow, what an incredible incredible day! I can't believe how long you all stayed in the park, how very fun! You sure did make the most of that one day, so glad you got to! Thanks for the trip report!

RedSoxFan
07-11-2007, 04:08 PM
A nice day for all of you at MK. And very nice of your father to spring for tickets.:mickey:

tinkerbellybutton
07-11-2007, 08:28 PM
Wow, that sounds like a great day. You got a lot in for one day. Sounds like you all had a wonderful time. Thanks for sharing, I'm off to read more!