View Full Version : AKL Cast Members...

aprilisis
07-05-2007, 03:02 PM
Ok, everyone...I am getting pretty nervous about staying at AKL in November/December because I have heard about a lot of negative experiences with the AKL Cast Members. Can you please fill me in on your experiences with them? Thanks!!!

Stickey
07-05-2007, 03:47 PM
The only major problem with the AKL is the current construction. Otherwise, the AKL is an awesome resort.

We have stayed at AKL twice, with no negative experience with CM's. Sometimes people make complaints which lack credibility, or substance.
As a whole, WDW faces the challenge of finding and retaining quality CM's.

Dicecatt262
07-05-2007, 03:54 PM
I stayed there in May, and I thought the Cast Members were some of the nicest around! The front desk CM I had was fantastic, I even remember her name, she was that good. Mousekeeping was good, the bell staff was nice (well, one was kind of cranky until he realized I had money in my hand to give him, then suddenly he was a lot nicer, I think he was getting stiffed a lot that day!). I couldn't have been more pleased.

Goofeygal
07-05-2007, 04:11 PM
We stayed at AKL dec.06 and loved it. We never experienced any bad CM there.

MMouse6937
07-05-2007, 04:33 PM
I have really never heard anything but good things about the CMs at AKL. This is what made us consider staying there next year. I would be interested to hear if there is an overwhelming amount of posts with negative comments.

DizneyRox
07-05-2007, 06:30 PM
I would be the first person to drop a bomb on AKL CMs, but I can't... I've never had a problem with the CMs at AKL or AK. Two of my favorite places tobe at WDW. The AK CMs really take pride in the park, I don't get that feeling from the AKL CMs but they have not been bad in any way.

biodtl
07-05-2007, 06:49 PM
I've never stayed there, but when we have been there to eat at Boma, we've mostly encountered nice folks. Except for one woman at the desk at Boma who was a bit snotty, everyone else was wonderful and went out of their way to be helpful - directing us around, calling a cab, etc.

Tinkerbellfan
07-05-2007, 06:59 PM
Hello-

Also, we have stayed at AKL once but visited many times. We have never encountered a rude CM. It is a wonderful resort - you shouldn't be worried about staying there.

Disney Maniac
07-05-2007, 07:13 PM
I stayed there in May/June and thought the CMs were great. Most are from Africa and they having so many amazing storys to tell. I would consider doing some activites to really meet these amazing people. I never had a bad expirence with any CM from the Check-In CMs to the Food Court CMs. Have a great trip!!

irish1967
07-05-2007, 07:41 PM
Don't forget, people are more than likely to talk about the ONE negative experience instead of the tens, hundreds or possibly even thousands of good experiences they have (ok, maybe the excellents get mentioned on a rare occassion - but that happening is really not probable!)

I've never had a negative experience the few times I've visited the AKL!

Hope that helps ease your mind!

rnin02
07-06-2007, 11:02 PM
We stayed there last September and everyone was super nice to us! Maybe it was because it was our honeymoon? We had a late flight, but when we got there everything was ready...we were greeted instantly with a "there's our honeymooners" and it took about 5 mins max to get our room keys and stuff. The whole experience was great, no bad service at all.

Horizon93
07-06-2007, 11:19 PM
Any time we have been to Boma or Jiko, all of the CMs have been great. I am glad to hear that is what mostly everyone here is saying since AKV is our new home!

RedSoxFan
07-07-2007, 07:36 AM
When we were there in 2005, we had a great time at AKL and all the CM's were wonderful.:mickey:

Crow
07-07-2007, 02:18 PM
ummm well.
ive stayed there twice. mostly good exp w CMs.
just dont get too friendly.
for those who have followed my posts in the past, they may recall i became involved and....
lets just say if they are too friendly and you find out they want to stay in US be careful.
dont get involved w visas and marriage. if someone is too friendly and wants to stay in touch pm me to make sure it isnt her:secret:
the lodge is nice otherwise. my rooms i didnt like cause of parking lot views both times.
Boma & Jiko are decent.
but i much prefer WL for location etc.

Jen C.
07-07-2007, 02:28 PM
ummm well.
ive stayed there twice. mostly good exp w CMs.
just dont get too friendly.
for those who have followed my posts in the past, they may recall i became involved and....
lets just say if they are too friendly and you find out they want to stay in US be careful.
dont get involved w visas and marriage. if someone is too friendly and wants to stay in touch pm me to make sure it isnt her:secret:

:funny: This is sound advise wherever you go. You crack me up Crow!!

We've only eaten there, but had lovely experiences with all CM's we encountered.

hubbyofadisneyholic
07-08-2007, 03:39 PM
I must admit, we have had mixed experiences w/ the CMs at AKL.
At the front desk and outside in the observation areas the CMs were always always quite friendly and helpful.
Can't say the same about the the staff at The Mara and Boma's. I will give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they just weren't used to dealing with crowds...:confused:

And don't even get me started on the CM at the gift shop that ignored my daughter, not once but twice. She was just flat out rude.:thedolls:

But, all in all, the resort is beautiful and the good CMs far outnumber the bad. :thumbsup:

MNNHFLTX
07-08-2007, 04:43 PM
The CM's at the Animal Kingdom Lodge during the two times we stayed there were the nicest anywhere--hands down.:thumbsup:

mickey&missy
07-08-2007, 05:53 PM
We stayed there in 05 and only had a small problem with the CM at desk when we checked in. He wasn't rude or anything, he just didn't speak very good english and had we had a hard time communicating. But he was very nice!

The rest of the experience was top notch!

jgt
07-08-2007, 07:00 PM
AKL is a great resort. We have found the cast to be very accomdating and kind. Don't miss a trip to Jiko's. One of the best restaurants in all of Disney! Have fun!

TennesseeTink
07-08-2007, 10:55 PM
Well I guess we're the only ones that didn't enjoy our AKL experience. Don't get me wrong...the resort itself is gorgeous, totally loved our savannah view room. But the CMs I dealt with at the front desk were definitely "snotty". It mostly had to do with money. We are cash only people on vacation. We leave a cc# for convenience so we can charge to our room throughout the day and then pay it off in cash at night either at the concierge desk or the front desk. At CBR this was never a problem. They acted as though it was very common and were totally accommodating and friendly. But when we moved to AKL, the two people I dealt with acted confused as to what I was doing. One even made a snide comment about me not being over my limit for the day. It wasn't the comment itself; it was her tone as though it was inconvenient for her to handle this for me. DH and I just exchanged a glance and told her we didn't want to put anything on our cc. After that she didn't even make eye contact with us. I decided then and there that this probably wasn't the resort for us.

After reading all the previous posts, I can only conclude that my experience was not the norm, just an isolated event.

Spaceship Tigger
07-09-2007, 08:08 AM
Never had a problem with any AKL cast members. The front desk CM's were especially great since they helped us with several issues we had (including a couple of lost items).

aprilisis
07-09-2007, 09:05 AM
I am definitely feeling a little better about it now. Thanks, everyone!! Now I just have to worry because my friend that is supposed to be going with me in December may cancel. :( I will still go, though- there's no question about that!

Disney5Mom
07-10-2007, 07:46 AM
We really enjoyed our stay there last January. The resort is fascinating and we found all the CM to be very pleasant and efficient!It is an experience I would reccomend to anyone.

TheRustyScupper
07-10-2007, 11:33 AM
1) You will find that most resort CM's are nice folks.
2) After all
. . . they work in air conditioning and not the Florida heat
. . . most guests are happy to get to the resort
. . . guests aren't always pushing and shoving, like in parks
. . . their costumes are typically cotton or wool blend instead of polyester
. . . they "usually" don't have guests shouting at them
3) I think most CM's want to make your stay as pleasant as possible.
4) Fortunately most of the curmudgeons work behind the scenes.

NOTE: This is not to say that Park CM's are nasty, but their day and the guest problems are different. I don't think I could stand in the Florida heat and say "hello, move along" 4,000-6,000 times a day. Even such a warm, pleasant, wonderful, cheerful, kind, mild-mannered, handsome guy like me might get "testy" on certain days.

MinniesMom
07-10-2007, 03:10 PM
We checked in very late one night and got the grumpiest CM that I have ever experienced in my 25+ trips to Disney. I actually told her that she was being so rude that she needed to get her Front Office Supervisor because I was done dealing with her!

Other than that, all the other CMs there were fine.