PDA

View Full Version : How many days at a waterpark?

Jessnick
07-05-2007, 02:17 PM
My family will be going to Blizzard Beach for the first time this November. We were planning on going to both water parks but TL is closed in Nov. Do you think one day at the BB is enough? We will be there for a week and I can't decide if I should get the water parks and more passes. My family loves the four regular parks, so I can't see using up a lot of our days at the water parks.....any input would be great!

rjbarker
07-05-2007, 02:22 PM
One day, in my experience, has been more than enough at Blizzard Beach (or Typhoon Lagoon). We usually go in January when it's not very crowded and we can do all the slides in about 3 hours. You can spend longer if you like to relax in the wave pool, lazy river or sand but I wouldn't allot more than 1 day, or even 1/2 a day, to Blizzard Beach. It's really fun, though, so I suggest going.

GoofysCowgirl
07-05-2007, 03:58 PM
I'm going to agree with the above poster. One day is usually the max we spend in water parks. It is more than enough time to go on the water slides several times each. And, it's usually enough time to relax and regroup between days at the theme parks. :mickey:

Lizzie
07-05-2007, 05:38 PM
One day is enough to see everything. On our last trip we had more than 5 days free for the normal parks so we did a day in both parks.

E-OR
07-08-2007, 12:27 PM
Our family loves the water parks. When we went in December we only went once because it was the only day warm enough. When we go during the warmer months we go quite often. We usualy go in the morning and leave in the afternoon, have a late lunch, and head to a theme park. My favorite is BB, my family really likes TL. Getting to sit in a tube and float in the lazy river enjoying the sunshine is what I dream of at night. We will be there in September.

Jessnick
07-08-2007, 10:40 PM
Thanks everyone for the advice.

ncscgirl2005
07-09-2007, 09:15 AM
Great Post. I have wondered the same. We are going in August and DH LOVES water parks. This is the highlight of the trip for him. He wants to go to each one as many times as possible. I figured we'd go to a theme park early in the morning, hit up a water park for midday (lunch there), and head out to the theme park with evening EMHs to end the day. Will this be too much water for one trip of 3 days?

E-OR
07-09-2007, 10:44 PM
Sounds like your husband is like our family. We could go to the water park everyday and not get tired of it. I don't think that going everyday is unreasonable if that's what your family likes.

x Kris x
07-11-2007, 07:13 AM
I would suggest going to one of the off-site water parks if TL is closed during then. The past TWO years we have chosen the wrong time and BB has been closed just as we got there, so the people we were with have never experienced it. This led us to going to Wet N Wild, which was just kinda alright, but we really need some "rest days", if you call plummeting down water slides "rest".

Seriously, you will be frazzled without the slower water park days in between. Last year we done Disney on the first week and a relaxing cruise the second. We rushed through all of Florida's parks everyday the first week, and was seriously tired by the time we got to laze at the pool the second week. If you dont do that, then it hardly feels like a holiday at all!

krorx
07-11-2007, 10:45 AM
I would suggest hitting the water parks early as they often fill to capacity in the mid day hours. We then head back to our resort, rest, change, eat lunch and then head out to the parks. :mickey:

CandleontheWater
07-13-2007, 07:00 AM
If you're not HUGE waterpark people, I think one day would be enough. Oh, and I wouldn't worry about them filling to capcity in Nov., the waterparks shouldn't be too crowded. One thing that I would worry about is the weather. I know that I live in Florida, so I have gotten really wussy about cold weather, but it frequently gets chilly in Florida in Nov, esp. towards the middle to end of the month. You might not want to spend tons of time at the waterparks because its a little chilly, but that is the absolute perfect park touring weather!