PDA

View Full Version : DDP and connecting rooms

ariel03
07-05-2007, 11:21 AM
I was wondering since we will be having connecting rooms on this up coming trip will the meals be pooled on all the cards or will they be seperated by rooms? Also If they are seperated is it possible to ask to have them pooled on the cards to make dining easier? I know I am probably going to ask for a print out on each of the cards when we check in to show how many meals are on each card just so everyone is clear on what is on their card and what is going to be the plan for dining. :)

Strmchsr
07-05-2007, 12:12 PM
If both rooms are on the same reservation then they should have your credits pooled. If it's two separate reservations then I believe they'll be separate. I don't know about the possibility of combining. I haven't heard of anyone doing that, so my guess would be it's not possible, but I don't know that for sure.

TheRustyScupper
07-05-2007, 12:19 PM
1) Meals are pooled per room, not per ressie.
2) So, make sure the people are assigned to the correct room.
3) Would be confusing to have one person run out of coupons.
4) Especially if he was the only one on the room.

NOTE: Since they are connecting rooms, all keys will fit either door. But, the DDP coupons are assigned to the room number.

vamaggie
07-05-2007, 12:35 PM
1) Meals are pooled per room, not per ressie.
2) So, make sure the people are assigned to the correct room.
3) Would be confusing to have one person run out of coupons.
4) Especially if he was the only one on the room.

NOTE: Since they are connecting rooms, all keys will fit either door. But, the DDP coupons are assigned to the room number.

This is OPPOSITE of what I was told by my MJ rep. We too are having connecting rooms (on one ressie #) and we were told that all the DP credits would be pooled on all the cards and we would only need to show one card to pay for meals from our credits.

Could someone come by and please clarify for me? I'm really confused now!!! :confused:

ariel03
07-05-2007, 03:06 PM
This is confusing but I figured if I ask for a print out of what meals are on what cards we will know ahead of time before we make a meal purchase on which cards have what. Yea I know confusing but I think it will work if they are not pooled. But I am really hopping they are or can be. So much easier to have one person go up for a counter service and order. Also for a table services less likely to be charged wrong.

KSS
07-07-2007, 05:44 AM
They are NOT pooled. We always get connecting rooms and have always asked to have all credits pooled and have ALWAYS been told they could not do that.
In the past we would just work from one card (usually the one with the least amount of credits) and use up all the credits and then use the other card for the remainder. It just simplified things. BUT with that being said... it seems with the way they are cracking down on the DDP this may no longer be an option.

BritCody
07-07-2007, 07:44 AM
One thing I can add is that if you split up in the parks make sure everyone has there own card. A couple of times we went to get counter service and 2 of us would go up to get counter service lunches while the other 3 went and got a table. The person at the register would not accept the cards for 5 meals until I showed a card from both rooms. Then other places (especially Table Service) only used the one card and took all 5 off one card. Rules might be in place, but you never know.

mulderxcoltrane
07-07-2007, 03:45 PM
They are pooled by reservation/package number - at least they were last year.
They may have changed the system since then b/c people figured out how to use a child's credit for an adult meal.

In addition, WDW has since been very firmly telling people when making reservations that connecting rooms are not guaranteed UNLESS the children on a reservation outnumber the adults - and then they only can connect you on an as-available basis.

pixiesmimi
07-08-2007, 07:11 PM
We had connecting rooms last year and the DDP. It was two different reservations. I believe the credits were pooled per room or reservation because when we ate, we were only asked for one card per reservation/room. The receipt would give you how many total of each type meal was left per room. The kids could use their own card for snacks, etc. but we made sure they gave us the receipts so we could keep up with it. On the last day, we just took one card per room with the remaining credits and used it up with things to take home with us.